Main Menu

Is Al Ewing ever coming back to Dredd?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 16 December, 2014, 09:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Brian

I hate to say it, but I really wish his Marvel career would fail so he could commit to 2000ad full time.

JayzusB.Christ

Lovely. Always wanted to know what Euro-City was like; and I've got Ewing back into the bargain!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

13school

From Al's tumblr account (which is here: http://alewing.tumblr.com/ )

QuoteFor those not in the know, "The Cop" sizzlecraft refers to is the Judge Dredd serial that just started in the Christmas Dredd Megazine and will run for six episodes. It's probably my last word on Dredd for a while bar the occasional one-off, and will tie up all the plot threads I set in place re: The Organisation. So buy it!

Steve Green

IndigoPrime

QuoteIt's probably my last word on Dredd for a while bar the occasional one-off
Dammit. I'm thrilled such a great writer's getting wider recognition, but his Dredd often felt as 'right' as Wagner's, and his scripts were frequently excellent. Still, great to see loose plot threads will be tied up rather than left dangling, and some Ewing is better than none at all.

ZenArcade

Really only read Al's stuff since I came back on board in 2012. I read his 2011 'Chief Judge's Speech' and it remains one of my favourites. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JayzusB.Christ

Aye,  as i think I said before, some of his dredd one-offs were every bit as good as Wagner's best - not only does he get Dredd's character spot-on, but he also seems to understand MC1 perfectly. When Joe's creator eventually retires, I would personally pay more for my prog if it meant  tempting Al back from the yanks with a fatter paycheque. Now to reread some Ewing Christmas Dredds!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"