Main Menu

Prog 1931 - Shoot to Gill!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 16 May, 2015, 11:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jannerboyuk

Quote from: Butch on 20 May, 2015, 06:41:22 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 20 May, 2015, 03:59:53 PM
I say it every time, more Ezquerra covers please! I know other artists like to have a go but his covers are great and have been missing from the Meg/Prog for the last few years!

Nine covers in eighteen years. Carlos appears to have fallen out of favour as a cover artist around the time he started experimenting with nineties computer colour:

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=covers&page=artist&choice=carlose&Comic=2000ad
i notice 335 is a joint cover with o'neil. Is that the only joint cover? Don't ever remember seeing one before

Colin YNWA

Another that immediately sprang to mind was 828, a complilation of 'panels' from the strips in the comic. I think they were original though. Certainly the Firekind one.

Oh and Prog 500 the grid by a host of artists.

Tiplodocus

I enjoyed Dredd but I don't remember that other story at all so certain story elements came out of nowhere.

Strontium Dog was also fun though I can't help think somebody somewhere miscommunication the importance of the fishy villains. Barely featured in strip but on the cover? How odd.

3 roller made me interested, Grey Area made me laugh and Slaine made me not want to post about it.
   rey Area make
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Skullmo

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 21 May, 2015, 08:27:30 AM
Strontium Dog was also fun though I can't help think somebody somewhere miscommunication the importance of the fishy villains. Barely featured in strip but on the cover? How odd.

Don't carp on about it, this is not really the plaice!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 21 May, 2015, 08:27:30 AM

They're an eye-catching design that grabs the attention - so it's not really so odd to stick them on the cover. What was the alternative? Yet another variation of 'Alpha menaced by Stix' ? We had that only a few weeks ago.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tiplodocus

I didn't mind the cover - but based on that I was expecting Alpha to be threatened more by them in the strip.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dark Jimbo

The real missed oppurtunity was an old-style speech bubble from Alpha -

'Got to draw first - or I'm fish-food!'
'Sneck! Looks like I've finally haddock!'
'The chips are down - shame the fish are comin' up shooting!'
Etc etc...
@jamesfeistdraws

Geoff

Think you should scale back on the fish puns there skullmo..

Couldn't agree more about the old-style speech bubble covers - they're brilliant!

sheridan

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 May, 2015, 06:13:39 AM
Another that immediately sprang to mind was 828, a complilation of 'panels' from the strips in the comic. I think they were original though. Certainly the Firekind one.

Oh and Prog 500 the grid by a host of artists.
In terms of multiple pictures from different stories, Prog 90 had Alpha sharing space with the Big Empty and Hammerstein, Prog 100 had Sam Slade and Dan Dare, Prog 152 had Slade sharing with Fiends of the Eastern Front while Prog 873 had each of the five stories which started that prog.

That's not including the single pictures featuring characters from multiple stories.

jannerboyuk

Is it me or is that Spock on page 1 of Grey Area?!?

Batman's Superior Cousin

It is indeed Spock, most likely a tribute to Leonard Nimoy!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Fungus