Main Menu

politicians in tooth (and the meg)

Started by sheridan, 09 November, 2016, 09:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 November, 2016, 05:17:51 PM
Well, if Andrew Dice Clay's spiritual brother can be the US president...

That said, Johnny Vegas is a very intelligent and thoughtful person (despite his comedy alter-ego), and as such is no longer relevant to politics.

I'm not in to spectator sport, but I loved his appearances at Rio on The Last Leg.

GordonR

Quote from: DarkDaysBish-OP on 10 November, 2016, 10:16:34 PM
There's a dreadful Part Imperfect featuring JFK & Nixon.

I remember that one.  The twist was that it was Nixon who shot JFK.  Unfortunately, whoever drew it couldn't do a likeness of Nixon if their life depended on it, making the final shock-reveal panel a bit of a "Sorry? Who's that again?" puzzler.

Frank

Not sure Holyrood counts as politics, but both John Wagner and Colin MacNeil favour Scottish independence, as this page from Megacity Confidential (1878, April 2014) demonstrates*.

* That prog's cover line was 'Strained Relations'. The same story featured a bar called The Ginger Rodent

GordonR

(Or possibly it was the other way around - and JFK shoots Nixon.  Either way, it was a major Art Fail.  And a reminder not to write stories that depend on Randomly Assigned  Artdroid's ability to deliver on one crucial element.)

ZenArcade

I thought Commando Forces was the boards most outspoken Lib Dem AxelF? Z :P
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

M.I.K.

Quote from: GordonR on 12 November, 2016, 11:15:03 AM
(Or possibly it was the other way around - and JFK shoots Nixon.  Either way, it was a major Art Fail.  And a reminder not to write stories that depend on Randomly Assigned  Artdroid's ability to deliver on one crucial element.)

To be fair to the writer, you have to be pretty rubbish at likenesses to be unable to draw a recognisable version of probably the most caricaturable president since Abraham Lincoln.

JayzusB.Christ

Think it was JFK shooting Nixon. Great story, but yeah, seriously bad JFK likeness there. Was that one of your strips, Gordon? Must be very disappointing when someone makes a hames of your plot twist.

Mind you, Steve Parkhouse's John Major and royals weren't particularly outstanding.  (And as always, Ezquerra shows them all how it's done, with his absolutely spot-on Reagan.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"