Main Menu

Round 1: 2 - TC Eglington or Pete Milligan - Ultimate Not Wagner Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 May, 2020, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Another bout which doesn't come close to being a fair contest. Pete Milligan is one of my all time favourites, not least because he wears his intellectual pretensions very much on his sleeve. An important example for a moody teenager overly convinced of his own misunderstood genius.

Outlier actually built up a decent story over its three books but up against Bad Company, Shadows and best of all The Dead it doesn't really stand a chance.

Winner: Pete Milligan.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

A nudge to remind you to 'Rock the vote' on this one... christ 2 down 30 to go this round alone and I've already used 'rock the vote' - we're in trouble! This one closes in the morning get um in.

Colin YNWA

As Buttonman observed a harsh vote for a Droid who produced one of the great strips of last year - but against a vast body of work this one was never really in doubt. Into Round 2 goes -

Pete Milligan

CalHab

Milligan. He might not be the most consistent of Tharg's droids, but even when he's not on form his work is interesting and distinctive.

Rogue Judge

Daveycandlish

I'm going against the grain here for most, but Eglington wins this bout
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

robprosser

Milligan. He's written some dreadful tosh but he's also written some superb stuff.

Tomwe

Pete Milligan wins. A long history of real classics. A shame as I do enjoy Eglington's writing as well.