Main Menu

Alan Hebden or Dan Abnett - Writers Solhiem Cup - Tie 12

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 July, 2021, 06:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

4:1 to Dan. Basically, what you lot said. Meltdown Man was fab but it's a tough draw going up against Dan!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 06 July, 2021, 12:33:14 PM
4-1 to alan, the master of the concise thrill.

I sometimes worry that you are the Anti-YNWA cast through the dimensions to land here. Destined to enter bitter conflicit with your good self* in silly nerd voting competitions - TO THE DEATH!!!!

*I should note my version of me is only the good version of me from my perspective. I respect the fact that Anti-YNWA has an entirely different perspective on this ... even though he is clearly evil...

IndigoPrime

Even taking into account Meltdown Man, which is one of the earlier 2000 AD strips that still remains readable, I think it's hard to go for anything other than a whitewash here. Abnett is the one current 2000 AD writer that feels irreplaceable. We should feel very lucky he's clearly cloned himself several times, in order to be so prolific. And although his CV includes some iffy series, and even the better ones have misfires (Grey Area's notable sexism), the list of modern-day 2000 AD classics is long: Brink; Feral & Foe; Insurrection; Kingdom; Lawless; The Out.

So for me it's Hebden 0 / Abnett 5

Dog Deever

I was thinking 4-1 to Abnett, but then I remembered... endless Sin/Dex.

Abnett 3 Hebden 2
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

Only a day to go here, so get ya votes in and in the morning I'll count up to see if we get a shock that will course... ready for it... ready for it... a meltdown... okay, okay, just vote!

As I will and this one is as straight forward as it gets. Whatever the fun in some of Alan's work he's up against the master here and Dan Abnett IS the writer for modern 2000ad. So on that basis.

Alan Hebden 0 : Dan Abnett 5

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

There wasn't to much doubt here was there. Alan Hebden did all he could to hold his own and there is great pride to be had in the number of votes he got. But this was against Dan 'Mr 2000ad' Abnett. The winner of the Godpleton Cup. Our favourite writer without the initials JW. He started strong, his middle was strong and he ended a dream.

Overall this win is important as it puts Team Current on the brink of victory. One more point and they are over the line. Can they do it? Or can Team Classic storm back and turn this around from the very brink?

Team Current 8 : Team Classic 4

Team Current 580 : Team Classic 409