Main Menu

Rogue Trooper: The Complete Collection - Book 1 - 11th March 2025

Started by Dash Decent, 05 June, 2024, 06:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Rogue Trooper: The Complete Collection - Book 1 - Paperback, 368 pages, 11th March 2025

A brand-new, updated edition repackaging the complete adventures of Rogue Trooper, originally created by Gerry Finley-Day and Dave Gibbons, ideal for new readers and collectors ahead of the upcoming film by Duncan Jones.

The last genetic infantryman, crossing a landscape scarred by the raging war between Norts and Southers, Rogue Trooper hunts down the Traitor General, who betrayed his men and caused their slaughter.

Repackaged in a brand new edition, The Complete Rogue Trooper collects the adventures of one of 2000 AD's best-loved and most enduring characters, originally created by Gerry Finley-Day and Dave Gibbons, and featuring the work of Alan Moore and veteran artists Cam Kennedy and Colin Wilson.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Marbles

I really like the trade dressing, but I'm assuming this is exactly the same in terms of content & format as the Tales of Nu Earth vol 1 that's sitting on my shelf ?
Remember - dry hair is for squids

broodblik

Yes it looks like a re-release like the definition editions (Nemesis for example)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

"A brand-new, updated edition repackaging the complete adventures of Rogue Trooper..."

"Repackaged in a brand new edition..."

Definitely a repackaged release, but I wonder what "updated" could mean.

I doubt it's size, but bigger dimensions could persuade me to buy Rogue Trooper again.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

One would hope it's changing from the phone book paper to the higher quality paper, and therefore also reinstating colour.

Tjm86

If they do decide to do a hardback webshop edition then I'm in.  Better yet, the same treatment as the Nemesis books!

Let's face it, this series features some of the greatest artists to grace the pages of Tooth together with some bat-sh** crazy ideas that take the insanity of war to its ultimate extreme.  They are totally deserving of VIP treatment.

Steve Green

It's 32 pages less than the equivalent Tales of Nu-Earth version, not sure if to keep costs down, or offset the cost of colour pages?

hellscrape

I've been wanting to dive into Rogue's story (never read a single page of it!) but was afraid of the possibly shoddy reprinting of the early stuff. I know a lot of early Tooth stories look better in the oversized Titan editions than in the earlier Rebellion phone books.

Also, reinstating color when appropriate is a plus. Coloring things that were meant to be in black and white is generally a negative. Also, at this point I don't know if it would be better to go the Essential route or the completist track. I have never read Cinnabar and I love John Smith!