Main Menu

Comic shop memories

Started by karlos, 24 November, 2023, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Are there any comic shops left now that still have old skool atmos?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: karlos on 04 June, 2024, 11:46:37 AMAre there any comic shops left now that still have old skool atmos?

I'm not sure if its the atmos you are after but Sheffield Space Centre feels like it can hardly have changed in the 45 years its been open. Its certainly very old skool.

karlos

Awesome, Colin.

I'd love to pay a visit and feel incredibly uncomfortable!  :D

rogue69

Gosh London & Mega City Comics in Camden still have that old school vibe

karlos

I revisited my old comic shop last week, which is now a bohemian pub/bar/thing (and very nice it is, too).

Stepping in was very odd - the place seemed so much smaller than I remembered.

The memories came flooding back quickly, but you can't go home again, can you?

karlos

Quote from: rogue69 on 04 June, 2024, 01:14:51 PMGosh London & Mega City Comics in Camden still have that old school vibe

Cool  :)

Woolly

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 June, 2024, 12:03:30 PM
Quote from: karlos on 04 June, 2024, 11:46:37 AMAre there any comic shops left now that still have old skool atmos?

I'm not sure if its the atmos you are after but Sheffield Space Centre feels like it can hardly have changed in the 45 years its been open. Its certainly very old skool.

Logged in just to back Colin up here.
The Sheffield Space Centre (which used to advertise in the old Progs!) hasn't changed a bit.
It's small, cramped, and stacked to the gills with comics, GNs, Gundam warrior kits (and more I assume), soundtracks, sci-fi and fantasy books, trading cards, etc...

Best thing?
No f*cking Funko Pops  :thumbsup:

norton canes

Odyssey Seven, in the University Precinct Centre, Oxford Road, Manchester. Dad used to drive me in all the way from Bolton every month or so, bless him. They also had one in the old Corn Exchange.