Main Menu

Chris Weston's Satanus cover (Meg215)

Started by Oddboy, 12 January, 2004, 08:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

I'd go for the close up but would probably look worse with the title banner on it.

Nice to see artwork being given away in a competition :)
Will be interesting to read it when I get back to work tomorrow.

W. R. Logan

Prefer this one:
http://www.2000adonline.com/images/comps/megrough1.jpg>

No. 2 is just wrong, like some scene from a futuristic come dancing.
No. 1 isn?t that great, the woman looks strange and the tyrannosaur in a suit looks a bit crap.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

Trout

I agree.

I had exactly the same thought as Oddboy when I read my Meg.

Given the cover was chosen democratically, I'd be interested to hear support/reasoning from any of the Rebellion employees who voted for it.

- Trout

Alan Barnes

"Given the cover was chosen democratically, I'd be interested to hear support/reasoning from any of the Rebellion employees who voted for it."

Blimey, it wasn't like a judicial enquiry!

I went for the one we used for exactly the same reasons Smiley gave.

--Alan

Trout

:-)

Had you sweating under the spotlights, did we, Alan?

I had no intention of frightening you any more than you would normally be afraid of someone who pretends to be a mutant fish on the internet.

I was just keen to hear someone else speak up for it.

BTW, while you're watching, I want to express a hearty "well done" for using a Weston cover - and giving away the roughs - and say:

MORE WESTON!

Cheers,

Trout

Art

I'm leaning towards the second one now I've seen the final result -- partially for the somewhat lame reason that I like the comics scattered around their feet.

paulvonscott

They are both great, I'd go for the second one as well.  The first one is a great pic, but it's an action shot, it almost feels like you're about to be caught up in the fight.

Anyway, I hope he does more, I've liked what I've seen lately, and he draws Dredd as a human being, which is just so refreshing.  What would be interesting about it if Dredd looked stronger than the Tyranasaurus Sapiens?

Byron Virgo

I think I prefer the 2nd for basically the same reason as Art. And the fact that the dinosaur is wearing a suit.

By the way, anyone got any clue as to what this 'super-secret' Chris Weston project for later on in the year in the Meg is going to be? It's just that I remember reading an interview with him at the end of last year in which he spoke about trying to persuade John Smith to write a story featuring Frankenstein for 2000AD, but was worried people would think he was aping LoEG (which it wouldn't be), as The Galaxy's Greatest is about the only place you can still do your own colour artwork. Sounds like a good idea to me, as it would be great to see these two get back together on something.

Proudhuff

The one that wasn't chosen is too busy, it would either need simplified or coloured very strongly.

the chosen one flows and has an 'at a glance' clarity, the first doesn't. As we all know you only have 7 seconds to sell anything to the GBP.

Huffsta
DDT did a job on me