Main Menu

Extrem Edition

Started by Max Kon, 18 May, 2004, 06:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kon

I've got mine. It has antwars and Judge Dredd: Black Widow.

ARRISARRIS

ukdane

Another EE, collectiong another series that I've JUST read.

For me, by far the best collection so far has been the PJ Maybe one.

I think it's something about collecting stories together chronologically that weren't originally printed to be read in one run.

Which has led me to think what I'd like to see collected next....

---(to tie in with the return of Tyranny Rex) a complete Tyranny and Indigo Prime, excluding the (already) collected Killing Time- maybe including a new short story by Smith and Weston.

--- a complete Armoured Gideon.

--- a complete Judge Dredd: Fatties

Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

Well, a complete Tyranny Rex could be problematic - a reprint of Tyranny Rex, Under Foreign Skies, Soft Bodies and Deus Ex Machine would come to around 150 pages. Cutting one of the earlier stories would probably mean you could produce a near-complete EE, but IMO the earlier strips are the best.

I'm pretty sure you could reprint *all* of the Indigo Prime stories, including text pieces and Star Scans, in a single EE. I'd definitely be interested in that, but I suspect there are plans to reprint Killing Time under the new DC deal, so that might be out of the question.

The complete Armoured Gideon would be an absolute no-no - it's something like 250 pages long!

The Amstor Computer

A Fatties collection would be great. If you put The League of Fatties, Requiem for a Heavyweight, The Magnificent Obsession, Pumpkin Eater and The Bazooka in one volume, it would be about 108 pages - perfect EE length.

I'd love to see Flesh or Shako Extreme Editions, but Flesh Book II and the complete Shako (including the annual story) are both about 25 pages too short. Are there any short related stories that could pad these out?

I also wouldn't mind a Ro-Busters Extreme that reprinted Ro-Jaws Memoirs, Hammerstein's War Memoirs and Fall & Rise of Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein, though that would be a little bit more than the current EE size - but imagine that, all under a brand-new Kevin O'Neill (or Henry Flint) cover?

W. R. Logan

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/graphicnovels/mediumres/pb3.jpg>
The League of Fatties
Progs 273 to 274
Requiem for a Heavyweight
Progs 331 to 334
The Magnificent Obsession
Progs 440 to 441

I?d like to see a monkey Extreme Edition
http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/graphicnovels/mediumres/pb4.jpg>
As long as it had all of Dave the Orang-utan stories.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/classof79/79small.JPG>

W. R. Logan

>Shako (including the annual story)

White Fury
2000AD Annual 1978
10 pages

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Floyd-the-k

iiiiiiiiiinaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
 (that means I wish I had my EE!)

Last of the V8's

Got Extreme and a nice trip down memory lane it was.
Now I know not a lot of boarders seem to like Ant Wars or Hell Trekkers come to that but when I was a kid I lapped this stuff up.
And that is the defining word, Kid.
These stories were written for children back then not adults pushing on towards there mid 20's to 40's.
So apart from the nostalgia trip could you see a youngster actually buying Extreme? And if he/she did what would they think of say Ant Wars? Would it generate maximum thrill power for them or would it be cosidered pants compared to todays video game culture?
And how many children actually buy 2000AD today compared to us aging fanboys?

therev

Got to agree with the "good" Captian.

Never read Ant Wars originally but took it as it is a story amied at kids and quite enjoied it!

Theres no boring "fleshing out of characters", just straight forward MONSTER-ANTS-EATING-EVERYTHING.
Even enjoied the olde world style art work. I can just remember when comics were like this.

Going to see if my mates 6 and 7 year olds want to read it. Hey they love the recent spate of super hero films.
Hopefully this EE will get 'em sitting in the garden all summer long with a magnifying glass, a cloudless sky and an ants nest, oh happy days of MY mispent youth...