Main Menu

DC maxi-series: Identity Crisis

Started by Trout, 09 July, 2004, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Oh - if it's just comics and not photographic, fine then. 'Course, some female characters come back. But no-one's pleased when they do! For goodness sake, they've just brought back Rita Farr! What the bloody hell for? I liked her, but it completely undoes everything I've ever known about the Doom Patrol.

Oh, and Supergirl usually comes back.

Batgirl not so fortunate.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

"it completely undoes everything I've ever known about the Doom Patrol"

...I forgot to add "and therefore I'm choosing to ignore Rita Farr's return, and the new Doom Patrol comic too."
STRIKE !!!

JamieB

All DOOM PATROL continuity (*spit*) prior to the current series has been chucked out, not that I care, as they're reprinting the stuff worth reading - i.e. Morrison's run.

J-Bo-1

Byron Virgo

But don't you have all that already anyway, Boardman-droid?

Certainly enjoyed Morrison's run on the title, although it did suffer from getting a bit samey and up it's own arse-itis near the end of his run. Also suffered from too disperate a group of artists, although Richard Case, Stan Woch, Steve Yeowell Sean Phillips, Jamie Hewlett and Phillip Bond stand out, ably abetted by Simon Bisley's excellent covers (some of the best work he's done in my humble opinion).

I might sell all my issues if DC decide to keep up collecting the series after the first two tpb's. Can't be bothered with the John Byrne one, though.

House of Usher

I also used to enjoy John Workman's lettering and Daniel Vozzo's colouring on the Grant Morrison-written Doom Patrol.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

I've looked at that women in refrigerators site now. It's a commendable exercise. Note that the author jumped for the 'cut up and stuck in the refrigerator' line on scant evidence, when the truth is more like 'folded and crammed in' (Surely if the body had been cut up, there'd have been some evidence of blood).

Gail Simone admits she's missed a few, and the site only seems to go up to 1999, but what's there is excellent.
STRIKE !!!

Mr C

They're reprinting Morrison's Doom Patrol? Thank christ for that, I've heard good things about his run, but never actually read any of it.

The Monarch

S
P
O
I
L
E
r

I am disgusted by the revealation of what dr light did to poor sue during the jlas satellite era...Believe me as a huge dibneys fan (yes a fan of a pretty minor wife and husband team i know) I am appalled that they had to reveal THAT

The Monarch

Oh yeah your troutship in the Star man 80 page giant that came out round about 1998 or thereabouts it was revealed that it was Ted that murdered the ragdoll

The Monarch

Spoilers for issue three

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

good bye Jean loering another character who will be missed (Although her death was pretty obvious to predict and it makes you wonder about that wonder woman with her lasso tied as a noose which features on next months cover)

Al_Ewing

This just sounds so incredibly... boring.

I thought eighties nostalgia was on the way out?
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

House of Usher

SPOILERS FOR ISSUE #3    (???)

Do they really have to?

I'm not sure I like the look of this...

Really, just who are they doing this for?

It's a quality product, but it hasn't got any soul, has it?

Identity Crisis is rapidly going down in my estimation, but it's still kind of fascinating. I can't take my eyes off it just in case they do away with a character I would really miss while I'm not looking.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Women in refrigerators latest...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

...we've got another one. Check out Captain America #31, written by Robert Kirkman.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

E
N
D
S
STRIKE !!!

Trout

I'm still quite into this series, astonishingly.

I want to find out what happens in the end, although I suspect it'll be an anti-climax.

Anyone else still with me?

- Trout

Floyd-the-k

Not being into DC, apart from Batman, when he`s meeting Dredd, Hitman and Green Lantern (when Hitman is making fun of him), I shouldn`t comment on this thread at all. But I liked the fridge link.
 carry on,

Floyd (about to check his fridge just in case)