Main Menu

Lego Dredd

Started by SilvaShado, 28 October, 2004, 01:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

says it's presented by by a vicar, so I don't think it's taking the piss - couldn't see a mulsim doing this with the Qur'an though...  

shane05

'mulsim doing this with the Qur'an though...'

Oh no way! The very idea...

Pyroxian

It's Pyroxian...

And I've only just got back from holiday ;) (6 days spent at LegoWorld in Zwolle, showing off my latest spaceship to hordes of kids that don't speak English...)

Nice Dredd figure though.

Steve

Pyroxian

*Reads rest of thread...*

Yeah, Lego have a non-violence policy, to a point. They don't want to do anything that isn't really aimed at young children - so Dredd is out.

Oh, and the Rev. Brendan P. Smith isn't actually a real Reverend, he just uses the title. I think it's a throwback from when he used to be in a band.

Steve

ukdane

The lego-fans of Holland are a bunch of weird freaks... last year they came up to legoland in DK for two days. At the end of day one, they'd caused a major panick in the shops in the park, as by the end of that day, they had cleaned out nearly every single shelf. Nothing left. Nothing!
Cheers

-Daney

Max Kon

weird bunch, must have been all the weed

Pyroxian

Lego-munchies...

Scary though - did they have a 10% off deal or something? Adult Lego Fans will go insane for cheap lego - It's scary.

Steve

ukdane

No no, this was lovely full price expensive lego.
I noticed that the club didn't come this year- probably due to lack of funds.
Cheers

-Daney

COMMANDO FORCES

I remember being in the queue at the Windsor Legoland Themepark with the family a few years back and a Yank family was stood a few places in front of us. When they noticed the prices and the hours that the park was open they complained to everyone and buggered off.
I wish I had, what a waste of money. Sadly for them one of their bods with a customer survey form stopped us whilst leaving the place. Lets just say that that was the best bit of the visit :lol:

WoD

Lego Land Windsor is VERY overated.  Best bit is the 'free' live show.  You have to go early and straight to what you want to see or you'll wait for hours for everything (3 hour wait for the boat 'around the world' thing...no thanks).  Disney in Paris is much better.

Colin YNWA

Has anyone been to the Asterix Theme Park I've always wanted to go there.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: "Bad Andy"Sign me up for one of those. Come on Rebellion - a Dredd/Lego tie up would not only give all us sad long-term readers something to collect, but also introduce the character to kids.

Look what its done to the Star Wars franchise... (what? it was successful before was it?)

I have tried to interest them in our license before - I loved the custom Dredd Lego on display at the Zarjaz! exhibition.

GordonR

Quote from: "liquidroof"Also, Lego are in the shits business wise at the moment and although this years results are an improvement on last years, they're still making huge losses. People are getting fired here (Billund home of Lego) constantly. The Legoland parks are likely going to be sold off (at least in part).

What, brick by brick?

ukdane

er, Legoland parks were sold by Lego years ago- as per my previous email. Although Lego do own a partial share in the company.
Also, Lego company aren't in the shits, they've been doing fairly well this year from what I've read in the local (Billund) paper.

Keef- Does Alan Grant have any pulling power with them anymore? He worked on the Lego magazine for a while. Also the time to approach them, is probably around the time  the new film is reviewed as a mega-"block"-buster :)
Cheers

-Daney

Dark Jimbo

Did CF really just revive a 5 year old thread specifically to moan about Lego Land Windsor? :-)
@jamesfeistdraws