Main Menu

New Star Wars Teaser Poster for ep3

Started by LARF, 04 November, 2004, 10:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane05

'Is it just me or does that army of wookies look like a bunch of erm... giant ewoks?'

Aren't they from the same planet? and more importantly, why did I ask? Y'see how it sucks you in?

gavzilla

Apologies - but I'll put my Star Wars geek hat on...

Ewoks are from the Endor moon, Wookiees are from Kashyyyk.

It was originally intended to be the Wookiee homeworld in Return of the Jedi, but by then Chewbacca's character just wasn't primitive enough, so Lucas halved the height and switched the name round (Wook-E became E-Wok). So now we're finally getting to see a Wookiee army.

Woolly

Even after the diabolical eps' 1+2, and even after all the crap changes made to the original episodes, im still looking forward to episode 3. By all accounts it SHOULD be utterly amazing, even though i KNOW it will probably be crap.

I swear, that bloody Lucas has got me by the balls!*

*(Disclaimer: George Lucas has NEVER touched my testicles.)

BrianO

Would you let him if he wanted to though?
:-)

Am I the only one who enjoyed Episode 2.
Lots of cool fights, and the Death Star plans, and prototype AT-AT's. It was boss.
Episode 1 did suck though (except the lightsaber duel)

VampiraJen

It was originally intended to be the Wookiee homeworld in Return of the Jedi, but by then Chewbacca's character just wasn't primitive enough, so Lucas halved the height and switched the name round (Wook-E became E-Wok). So now we're finally getting to see a Wookiee army.

i was going to provide this peice of info but thought that might be going to fan into geek-dom.  the thing that gets me is that where in the two previous films had they established that wookies were from Kashyyyk (or roar roar roar in the wookie language) or were technilogically advanced.  i mean, maybe it was chewie him self who was good at that stuff (and based on what we saw in ESB he wasn't very).  why not just change it a little to have wookies less technilogical.  i mean isn't lucas taking his so called pre-planed in advanced (yeah, right) a bit to seriously?

jen, who would have rathered wookies in ROTJ that f'ing ewoks.

Richmond Clements

You're not alone BrianO, I liked it too.

crazy comic guy

I'm sorry if i hurt feelings out there but Ep 1 and 2 were allmost as bad as Van Helsing which was even worse than the X-Men movies and Spiderman 1 isn't much better. Is it me or does every  single comic into movie just go down the back side and never come out?

Just a thought
P.S. the DREDD movie is worse than all of these if that is possible. And that is BBAAAAAAAAAAAD

Conexus

You Don't half seem critical, are you the comic book guy from the simpsons ?

http://www.dreamscape.com/tuttle/images/Comic_Book_Guy.gif>

:)

Leigh S

ACtually, if Wookies were meant to be in ROTJ, and you add in the other thing I heard about Leia only becoming Lukes sister as a lst minute thing to tie up the story as 6 rather than 9 films then you can see the rot right there - If they'd dropped Ewoks and the bizarre Luke/Leia angle, it would have been a much better movie, and more believable to have the Stormtroopers beaten by Wokkies than Ewoks, and more believable to have Leia as unrelated to Luke/Darth, given the events of the previous two films...

The Watcher (having just watched the first three films completely for the first time)

shane05

ewoks. Don't get me started.

Those of you who know the unpronouncible homeland of chewy: biiiiiiiig nerds. I feel cool now.

'every single comic into movie just go down the back side'

I thought the crow was good, when you consider that they filmed alot after Brandon Lees death. The other 2 or 3, no excuse.

Endjinn

"Jar Jar Binks made the Ewoks look like....like.....Shaft!"

Max Kon

who's always looking cool

ewoks

who's always sexy

ewoks

(I can't remember how the shaft song really goes so that will have to do)

longmanshort

I preferred:

"We are the E-E-E-E-Ewoks,
We're one big happy, happy family ..."

Genius ...

Link: http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?show_id=1166" target="_blank">My God, I actually used to enjoy this ...

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Max Kon

Bico

How disappointing that Darth Vader was just a grumpy kid all along.  Bad enough that he was white.