Main Menu

Spare Alan Moore ticket

Started by Dan Kelly, 08 December, 2004, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generally Contrary

Will the snake god take over the interview, following the traditions established by Emu?

Will the snake god interview Eno?

Now that Emu is free, will he enter Alan's pantheon (or his he a monoserpentheist)?

Dudley

Right, stuff it, I'm going to cancel that fifth wedding anniversary dinner* and come to this instead.  Cheers Dan!

Mail me at my work addy when you get this...

*Not literally.

Richmond Clements

Fucking right Dudley!
Get your priorities right. You'll not get another chance to see Alan Moore, but you'll have to look the same woman in the eye for the rest of your bloody life...

Dan Kelly

Dudley,

The ticket is yours.  Unfortunately I filed your message from yesterday at home last night so don't have it on the work PC.

Get me throught the board and I'll let you know the details.

Dan

Bolt-01

Lucky bugger!

Duds: Try and score an interview for 2kreview, eh?

Bolt-01

Byron Virgo

Oh man!

Why does anything even vaguely entertaining or causing brain stimulation ever happen when I'm working sodding bastard lates?!?!?

Have a good time Dankel and Duds (sound like a Finnish folk duo), and like Bolt said, see if you can get that interview (well, you never know...)

paulvonscott

When someone gets back, could they tell us all about it?

Art

I would be very, very interested in reading a transcript. It sounds like a fantastic event.

Generally Contrary

frazer

It was very very good. We all laughed a lot. Very nice.

Going to next week's show, tho I doubt the humour will be in as much abundance.

F

Dan Kelly

Indeed.

A damn fine show, and some nice comments about the time at 2000AD.  

Be interesting to see what ends up being cut.

Series starts 30th December.  This is at least the second, if not later, in the chain.

Dan

Dudley

Great fun, though Stewart Lee seemed to want to keep him off the topic of 2000AD.  Interesting analysis of why he doesn't like The Killing Joke.  Worth listening to: in fact, the whole series seems worth a listen.  Radio 4, 6:30 pm, from December 30th (don't know when this one will be broadcast, though).

Art

Hopefully it'll be on the web sometime.

Alex Musson (Mustard, Mythcontrol) was there and gave the bearded one a copy of Mustard #4, so it's possible that he's seen one of my strips now, which I find exciting in an extremely fanboyish way.http://www.alexmusson.com/edy/alanmoore/">

Art

http://www.alexmusson.com/edy/alanmoore/moorelee3.jpg">

Revelation 6:8

>Or you could - choke, horror - mingle with the rest of us?  Let's face it, we're all reduced to sad fanboys in the presence of the mighty hairy one, and we may therefore froth and worship in solidarity.  Will he bring his snake god along?  I hope so.

Are there any fans going to this or is it a creator love in?