Main Menu

Stiff handshake, maybe a manly clap on the shoulder

Started by Dudley, 02 February, 2005, 05:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Leave those suspicious and peculiar group-huggers to their own devices, men!

Post on this thread to give your fellows a small gesture of appreciation.  Maybe a handshake, maybe a shoulder-slap (steady!), but all with a stuff upper lip.

Come on, you chaps, we're British after all!

judderman

I think I shall join you in this Dudley.
Let the bonding begin! (in a more testosterone fueled manner that is)

Shewrog

I'm offering a bit of "shadow boxing" a quick left right to the jaw and then...we stumble to the floor, start rolling around, wrestle...sorry.

Generally Contrary

How about we just buy each other drinks?http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Britain/Food/Pubs/PintOfBitter.jpg">

Proudhuff

Like the cut of your jib that man!

I didn't get where I was today by hugging every tom dick and harry you know...

CJ Huff
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

May I be the first to offer a knowing nod and unintelligible grunt.

As thats what the wife says I do when I pass someone in the street I cant exactly place.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

the3rdman

what about a brisk nod and a good morning. depending on time of day obviously !

may even manage to tip a wink !

Max Kon

Max gives a Dudley a hug

Dudley has now had to report to A&E for the resetting of several broken ribs

Max Kon

When ever I have eye contact with another man i tip my head back ever so slightly and raise my eyebrows, then return to normal.

Bolt-01

Bolt-01 mutters something vaguely supportive and shuffles his feet a bit.....

Jared Katooie

Max Kon

And what's unmanly about the good old fashioned gangsta hug?

Dudley

Good God, man!

I'm not even sure what a "gansta" is, but I know a subversive Continental expression when I see one!

Max Kon

the gangsta hug is the hug gangsters give each other, right hands clasped, in front and left hand on the back. I'll show you at bristol.

Dunk!

Gangsta hug! No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Just no!

You need a good 3 feet between the men involved, a bit of shuffling of the feet, then some quick eye contact, a nod of the head and their name stated quietly: 'John'.....'Dave'

Then hopefully a topic of conversation will quickly emerge and you can get on with drinking.

This greeting is best used when accompanying females know each other really well and are warmly hugging away in the background 'cos they haven't seen each other since the day before yesterday.
"Trust we"