Main Menu

Dredd On 5

Started by shazhughes, 15 April, 2005, 01:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shazhughes

Whilst doing my weekly sad act of working my way through next weeks TV listings in my Total TV Guide I noticed that Judge Dredd is on 5 on Monday at 9pm.
What I did notice under the blurb was the 2000AD online web site address, let?s hope people come by before they watch the film, or at least everything after the first 20 minutes.

Byron Virgo

"everything after the first 20 minutes"

Stoned out of their tiny minds...

Funt Solo

Fergee as a well-spoken comedy sidekick - gahhh!

Dredd kissing Hershey (as opposed to headbutting her and arresting her for assault) - gahhh!

A clone brother that doesn't look the same - gahhh!

Hammerstein without a hammer - gahhh!

Long boring monologues about the rights and wrongs of a facist dictatorship dynasty - gahhh!

The Angel Gang introduced and then casually offed in about 5 minutes - gahhh!
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Carlsborg Expert

Fan-fckng-tastic, Adverts that have to find the target audience.*Cosmic Crunch with added Vitreol and Honey.YermM!*

Bwahahhahahahhahahaahhhahhaaahhahahhaa!

paulvonscott

They had Demolition Man on last night, which is actually a pretty enjoyable film until the action interrupts.  Largely due to all the jokes that are included.

By the time they made the Dredd movie, they'd done robocop and this film, so it seems strange that they couldn't have had a decent stab at the humour.

Trout

Judge Dredd does not kiss girls!

Wils

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/10068739.jpg">

Max Kon

No, he kisses guys :P (sorry)

Carlsborg Expert

Mwahaha Max. Thats socking it to the pre-ordained target.

Trout

Exactly! Well done to El Barto.

Bugger off to El Maxo!

Satanist

Well at least the set looked the part...

I um duh law!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

WoD

WILS - where did you get the chalkboard from?????

Carlsborg Expert

Can anyone help me understand why they are using a Velvet Underground song to advertise Judge Dredd?

Why the focus on the boots.

Funt Solo

I just watched it (sort of) - the city looks great.  The west wall looks great.  Hershey's hair looked great.

Hammerstein was quite cool - if anyone has a few spare millions lying around could they do me a favour and hire the people behind that transformers-dancing car advert and make a movie called The Meknificent Seven?

You might want to have a word with the makers of Hardware as well.  That was good.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Buddy

I also watched it (sort of) and have to say quite enjoyed it - I've always quite liked it, it certainly looks the part and as mentioned, the first 20 mins or so is pure Dredd. after that it kinds gets a bit lost and has a few 'just not right' moments (although I never minded him taking the helmet off, it might work in the funny books but a movie is a different matter and if you think any future movie will feature a faceless Dredd, think again).

The movie tries to cram too much into 90 mins. It should have been about that Angel Gang, or it should have been about The Cursed Earth or The Day The Law Died not all three (and more)...

You also must remember it is only based on the comic character so elements will change, having said that if Frank Miller can get a near word for word translation of Sin City made into a great film I guess it's possible that some day we'll see a fairly faithful Dredd one day.

We can only dream...