Main Menu

a Doctor who anecdote

Started by simon, 11 June, 2005, 11:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon

I was next to Doctor Who late last night at an off licence in Hampstead buying booze.....mildly interesting i suppose...

simon d

Artificial Idiot

Can I be stupid and ask... Which one?

simon

Richmond Clements

Did you ask him what Bad Wolf is?

longmanshort

My dear friend Badgers Tuesday bumped into him outside the West Yorkshire Playhouse when he (Eccleston) was staring in Electricity, a couple of months before the new series of Who started. They exchanged pleasantries and parted ways.

Then, two months ago, we both saw Sylvester McCoy in the Playhouse bar.

And I was too scared to talk to him :-(
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Richmond Clements

longmanshort

No. It was simply because, as any casual lurker here would have noticed by now, he's my favourite doctor. And I was a little starstruck ;)

Leigh S

so it wasnt just because you didnt have a raincoat on?

longmanshort

Byron Virgo

I didn't know McCoy was your favourite Doctor! Doesn't that make you like the Star Trek equivalent of a Scott Bakula fan, or a Babylon 5...fan?

I had a few signed McCoy photographs you could have had for freee if you'd said before. I think I've sold them all now - let me have a root around...

WoD

When I was (much) younger, I had to be led out the entrance of the Dr Who Exhibition in Blackpool.  The reason being, I totally freaked when the exhibitions moved and I was WAY to terrified to go all the way through...I only made it as far as the scary medical doctor robots( about 5 ft in!!!!!).  I'm surprised my dad didn't explode with shame or the loss of the wasted entrance money.  Saw it again a few years later at Longleat...and nothing to it...just one of those things I guess....

WoD

What they like then?  Any in general, the Highline 130TDI in particular...

judge dreddd

my mate richard ( dr who nut ) saying he bought a copy of the dr who mag recently and chatted with checkout girl about it, and she said she likes that, he says 'wow, its cool to like dr who again !' as in, not sad, nerdy

dr who is now mainstream, kewl

the3rdman

i also freaked at the blackpool exhibition, apparently legging it all the way through screaming in terror !! My dad did go ballistic tho, muttering about the wasted money and the embarrassment of the load speaker requesting the parents of the hysterical boy with brown NHS glasses to come and collect him before the tranquilisers were produced.
Its a story regularly brought up when my family visit, that and the "did you know he cried everyday at school til he was 8" tale !

Oddboy

Oddgirl fell over in Islington a couple of years ago, and was helped up by The Doctor McCoy.
Better set your phaser to stun.