Main Menu

Daily Star Dredd

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 29 June, 2005, 03:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

I was wondering whether its possible to access a complete list of all the Daily Star Dredds from this site.

I can only see them when I go into individual writers profiles ie John Wagner, Gordon Rennie etc.

Leigh S

I don't think a complete list has been compiled.

The list I provided the site of the daily stories (running Mon to Sat) had a gap of at least a year or two covering the time of the movie.

Similarly, the old larger Saturday complete strips wasnt a complete list...

It's like the lost Dr Who episodes, but without anyone caring :(

Wake

Go to Judge Dredd's profile and click Daily Star from there.

But, as the Watcher says, the complete list isn't complete.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: Or click here

Rio De Fideldo

Thanks for that. I should have thought of that really. Does anyone know who wrote/drew the missing Daily Star Dredd's?

Lobo Baggins

It's like the lost Dr Who episodes, but without anyone caring :(

Still, at least we're spared the loony conspiracy theories associated with missing Who episodes.

I hear Sylvester Stallone has the Missing Dredd Episodes sealed up in a magic vault underneath Mount Rushmore! I read it on the internet, so it must be true...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

paulvonscott

There's some classic Wagner/Grant Dredd in all of that, they should give 'em the Complete Dredd treatment once CD is done.

Large48

Ron Smith (GOD!) did a lot of the early 1981+ Sat ones, well over 100 I think, in the four softback books The Judge Dredd Collection.

Book 5 was more from the two a week / daily strips if I remember rightly with Mike Collins (TWAT!) penning most of them and I also have a Kitson one. The latest one I have is a Ron Smith (again) numbered 2204 31/03/93.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

The Amstor Computer

"with Mike Collins (TWAT!) penning most of them"

WTF?

paulvonscott

Nope, it's been officially registered as a scale of something or other, so all comic artists are now rated from Collins to Smith.

Heh, you may have hated his Dredd's Large 48, but the time I talked to him (at some con or other) he seemed anything but a twat, honest (and I'm sure say many more).

Wils

with Mike Collins (TWAT!)

And that comment has now earnt *you* the title of 'cunt'. What's your fucking problem?

paulvonscott

And Wils is Satan's Jizz Mopper.

Look, it's probably just a stupid throwaway comment based on some strips he's read, which he really hated.  I'd be very surprised if it was meant to be a real attack on anyone, and he probably wouldn't have said it if he knew Mike, and lots of people who know him hang around here, making it look a bit more personal than it was meant to be.  So at least give him the chance to retract it amicably or tell us how Mike slashed his car tires and pissed in his petrol tank before it escalates.

I'm sure by saying that, I'm being both hypocritical and a twat, so please, no e-mails.

Leigh S

... On the topic of DSDs....

There were about 280ish of the Saturday Strips - mostly by the Mighty Ron Smith, but with a few later ones by Gibson, at least one Ewins one (these have surfaced in the MEg)and the first was a cut n paste of the very first Dredd by McMahon.

Ron Smith and Gibson then did the first daily tales, with Barry Kitson doing one before Mike Collins appeared as a semi-regular.  His first ones are brilliant tales like "The Real Judge Dredd" and "Sheriff of Festering Hole" (a personal fave).  However, after a period of goodness, Wagner & Grant retire and we get Mark Millar and Alan McKenzie written Daily Star Dredds - then Carlos Pino appears, Ron Smith returns at least, and somewhere in all that, I lost interest!  The strip gets a bit of a new lease of life when Robbie Morrison, Gordon Rennie and Andy Diggle start doing strips, with Smith alternating with some new blood - Teague, Adlard, Bircham, Currie... shame they pulled it as it was a huge improvement on the McKenzie/Millar years

Oddboy

Nope, it's been officially registered as a scale of something or other, so all comic artists are now rated from Collins to Smith.

I'd have the rating going the other way! I really hate Ron Smith's art style, whereas Mike Collins does a fine job (although I'd probably give the top of the scale to Ezquerra or Irving or Reardon). Not that I've read many DSDs, but based on their other 2k work.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Funt Solo

Script scale:  Wagner to Miller.

(Predictable, really, but we haven't had a Miller-Is-Shite thread for at least two weeks.)
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Funt Solo

Ah, that should probably be "Millar", but if he can f*ck up Robo-Hunter and Dredd for years, then I claim the right to spell his name wrong.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.