Main Menu

Where are they now?

Started by johnnystress, 17 August, 2005, 07:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Oh you little charmer, you!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Something Fishy

i'd have said that too.. maybe something from the 80's .. Depeche Mode or The Human League.

Oddboy

http://www.moviepostershop.com/item_img/1-11051.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.

Something Fishy

lol.. an appropriate response methinks Sir Odders.

johnnystress

It IS Justine Frischmann.. right?

Adrian Bamforth

I've yet to hear an Oasis lyric that had any sense of poetry or an oasis tune with any sense of melody. "Slip into the eye of your mind"? Bugger off.

The (much underrated) Seahorses were what Oasis were and are so desparately failing to be.

ADE

VampiraJen

at the time  i wanted blur to get to number one, then after a while thought it was a shame oasis didn't, now am back to being glad blur won that battle.  can't even remember what oasis song it was.

their new album is quite good.  love the importance of being idle.

FuzzBuck Fuzz

lol

This is all just one big nostalgia forum isn't it?

Blur? ... Oasis?

None of them were The Stone Roses.

Lobo Baggins

you can see her in this months Simping Detective under the unlikey(and awkwardly slavish) pseudonym of Miss Ann Throp?!

Oooooooh, now I get it!

Most amusing.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Grant Goggans

"Slip inside the eye of your mind" makes a lot more sense when you remember that Noel Gallagher has listened to "Tomorrow Never Knows" more times than any of us have had hot dinners.

--Grant

therev

I neither know or care where are they now, at the time I was listening to early Genesis/Gabriel, Marillion, White Zombie and the whole Britpop thing just didnt float me boat. Well apart from Pulp.

WoD

Adrian - my missus used to work with Donna Matthews mum...and got me a signed piccy as I too was crazy for her...still around somewhere.

Buddy

I really fancied that woman from sleeper, there is a video of her emerging from water (sale of the century I think) wearing a lycra type thing, ooaaahhhhhh!

Fave band from that time,it's gotta be Shed 7, highly reccomend their best of collection. Every song a cracker.

Rex Banner

Just come back from holiday in Wales where girlfriend picked up Sleeper's Louise Wener book Goodnight Steve McQueen in a hugely chaotic book shop in Cardigan.

& it was Sale of the Century with all of the water.

As for Inbetweener, great song, & it spawned Marc & Lard's Ugly Bleeder!

Another Brit pop forgotten was on Vh1 the other day, Echobelly.

Personally, I still listen to Marillion. Saw them in Bristol two months ago. Flippin' great.

therev

Ah I think they just dull now, well the last 2 albums were anyway...