Main Menu

Grant Morrsion Interview

Started by Marbles, 07 September, 2005, 04:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Typically (wilfully?) odd interview with the main man in comics today. Lots on Seven Soldiers & the new All-Star Superman (with another ex-2k'er, Frank Quitely).

Link: http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/features/112602239631900.htm" target="_blank">Uniquely Original: Grant Morrison

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Noisybast

Cheers Marbles - interesting stuff.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

VampiraJen

who on earth are Antony And The Johnsons?  

mind you, this time last year, i'd hardly heard of franz ferdinand.  

oh, well.

Link: http://www.nme.com/news/113619.htm" target="_blank">and the winner is...

Dudley

"As far as Superman is concerned, we?re not re-doing origin stories or unpacking classic narratives. We don?t go back to the beginning again, we start from where our Superman is RIGHT NOW and get straight into the action - almost as if he's had 20 years of alternative continuity going on behind the scenes of John Byrne's revision in 1985 - on a different Hypertime line, if you like. I'm trying to think of it as the re-emergence of the original, pre-Crisis Superman but with 20 years of history we haven't seen."

And that, kids, is why superhero comics are crap.

Tordelbach

Now while this is sorta sweet an'all, didn't Big Al put the Swan-era Superman neatly, affectionately but very firmly to bed in the two-part ''Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?".  This was a masterpiece of compressed narrative, and quite a moving end to the story, and remains the only Superman comic I've held on to (other than bits in the Moore DCU anthology and crossovers in Swamp Thing). Is is really necessary to exhume him (and presumably Krypto) AGAIN?  What is the point of having any involvement with a character or narrative if it's going to be revised, written out, rebooted, written back in again.  I'm with Dudley - this is why I stopped reading superhero books many years ago (Hypocritically, other than Morrison's Seven Soldiers sequence, which is perversely intriguing and Moore's ABC stuff, which momentarily burnt brightly but has now faded into nothing.).