Main Menu

megazine

Started by moly, 21 May, 2002, 12:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

how about reprinting the books in the megazine say 2 chapters a month, know there was some i missed and at least we would'nt have the same shite being reprinted yet again for the tenth time. plus the meg would be a much longer read therefore more value for money

The Amstor Computer

>>>how about reprinting the books in the megazine say 2 chapters a month<<<

Sounds like an interesting idea, but...

>>>at least we would'nt have the same shite being reprinted yet again for the tenth time. plus the meg would be a much longer read therefore more value for money<<<

The only 2000AD reprint material in the Meg at the moment is Bad Company, and AFAIK, it's only been reprinted once before - Titan collections aside. It's a classic strip that's relatively difficult for newer 2000AD readers to find, so another reprint isn't too huge a strain.
Apart from BC we've had The Kid-Knee Caper, Button Man II, The Visible Man, Flesh Book 1, Lazarus Churchyard & a fairly rare Moore-scripted Ro-Busters over the past few months. As far as reprints go, this is miles beyond reprinting readily available strips like Preacher or Necropolis month after month.

I know we'd all prefer a Megazine jammed with new material, but at the moment it just doesn't look possible. At least we're getting a well-chosen selection of reprints, rather than the shoddy filler that's cursed the mag in the past.

Anyway... back to the original point - Dredd book reprints sound good, but I don't know how much you could get away with reprinting each month. Maybe a reissue of the books themselves would be better?

Leigh S

The books are something of an acquired taste, and would be very difficult to serialise - I'd much rather have features like TPOverload than reprint the books.  And the books aren't that difficult to come by if you look hard enough...

the only 'reprint' that is impossible to get hold of in its original form are the Daily Star Dredds that haven't been collected already - about a dozen Wagner/Grant daily tales and about 30+ one pagers, but since I've already scared PVS with my ranting about these I'm not going to mention them.  

moly

oh go on i actually brought the daily star for 4 years just to read the strip, at least most people probaly have,nt read the star strip

Leigh S

I've got most of the daily (as opposed to Saturday) Star stories, bar the first Mike Collins one and a batch of stories by Millar and Mckenzie from about '94 to '96.  I can guarantee that the 'missing' Wagner/Grant ones are top class stuff, and even the other ones have a curiosity value above the usual reprint.

moly

fingers crossed, but i would be amazed if they did use either

ukdane

>the only 'reprint' that is impossible to get hold of in its original form are the Daily Star Dredd

Ok, Watcher, I challenge you to find me a copy of Judgement Day, 'cause I'm buggered if I can find it anywhere
Cheers

-Daney

Leigh S

Well, i'm sure I've seen this on E-bay in  the past, but I've yet to see back copies of the Daily Star :)

2000AD Online

reprinting at least one of the books would be an excellent idea - something a bit different.  That said, I`m very very happy with the megazine as it is now

Oddboy

The reprint section should be more dedicated to one story.  Why have two episodes of Bad Co per issue - that's slower then they appeared in 2000AD!  If you've got the originals and felt like reading that story again it would be just as easy to read them from a pile of 2000ADs as from a pile of Megazines...
They should make it more of a Graphic Novel at the back of the Megazine.
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

Personally I'd rather the reprints were tied into the 'Thrill Power Overload' articles with examples of the strips discussed. It's give the magazine more of a connected feel, wheras now it seems like 4 magazines under one cover. But then again, I think the Megazine is pretty good right now and if it just carried on as it is now I'd bee more than happy.

O Lucky Stevie!

hmmm... personally i think that reprinting the books a couple of chapters at a time would be too slow. how about some of the better text stories from the annuals, specials & yearbooks, ie the neil gaiman, peter milligan & john smith stuff?

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"