Main Menu

Stargate - Series 9

Started by WoD, 13 October, 2005, 03:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

They seem to be spending more on it in the 2nd series (Atlantis). Better production, better fight scenes, more Tharg-like wraiths. Oh, and watch out for a weeks time. SG's always done the sexual tension bit with Sam and Jack, but there's an episode of both where they just go over the top, everyone seems to be getting laid! Gets a bit silly it does, just as all good sci-fi should.

So did you see Blackhawk in Atlantis? (may be next week)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Byron Virgo

This thread makes my eyes bleed...which is a good thing, as it prevents me from watching any of the goddawful sf fanwank toss mentioned above.

WoD

ahem..next week for Atlantis on Sky...they finished the last series (again) this week.

Mudcrab

Ah yes, I'm in  *cough* the U.S. of course, that's why I've seen them.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

WoD

I remeber getting the first episode of Enterprise VHS's and brought over by a work colleague...that's sad...but the geeks and geekesses made me their god for a few weeks because of it...

Conexus

I never got into the Stargate series, whenever i watched i was reminded of stuff that contradicted what went on in the movie

Bico

The movie was okay in a brainless way, but given that it's a load of shite - and no fans are in any doubts as to this fact - the series of Stargate has been much more entertaining than the movie, and at least expanded on the slightly baffling questions "why have a teleporter that only goes to one place?", and the far more important "Why didn't he make another one?".

Apparantly the kraut that made the Stargate movie wrote a script for a sequel.  That disregarded everything that happened in the tv show.
Not jealous or bitter at all, then...

Carlsborg Expert

I was checking out Atlantis' skyline.

Veeeery Mega-city.
:)

The Adventurer

I love Stargate.

I also love Farscape.

Also Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Babylon 5, and Space Above and Beyond.

Richard Dean Anderson's Col. Jack O'Neil is one of the more Iconic heroes of TV Sci-Fi, I am sorry to see him leave SG-1, but Browder is a competent actor and I think he's fitting in well.  At any rate Season(you silly Brits and your "series") 9 is much better then Season 8 was. Still not as good as 7 though.  SG-1 needs to go atleast 10 seasons before finaly finishing, it deserves that much, the shows not burnt out yet, but it's starting to show it's age, time to go out on top.

I'm liking Atlantis alot more this season then season 1, Ford's change of face is refreshing, and Ronin's much more interesting a character.

I realy wish we'd get the new Doctor Who over here, I know I've love that if I could watch it.  I could never get into the early Who stuff, even the Baker era everyone raves about.  But the new onen looks to have top notch production values, important in this day and age.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK