Main Menu

A question about Robo-Hunter Trade Paperback covers

Started by garrettimus, 28 October, 2005, 03:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrettimus

Dear Friends,

Titan Books has recently published some Robo-Hunter Trader Paperback new books w/ reprinted classic material. I've a question about "Day of the Droids" books.

Does the Day of the Droids stuff features two different art covers? The allegedly first cover features Sam Slade on a chair, floating in space, along with Hoagy (the little robit). The allegedly second one shows a group of mob-like robots or something w/ Sam in the background and Hoagy trying to escape.

I'd like to know, please, whether or not those 2 possibly different books resemble the same material. I think so but I am not sure. I thinf that the mob-like robots cover is just a new cover for the same book.

Sorry for the bad English, I am brazilian.

Thank you!

Artificial Idiot

The first one was a placeholder, the second one (with the robo-mob) is the actual cover.

Oh, and these books are being published by Rebellion, not Titan.

The Amstor Computer

As far as I'm aware, the first cover - Slade floating in space - was just a preview cover. The second picture is the one I have on the cover of my copy of the book, and I believe it's the only cover ever used.

Please don't apologise for your English - it's much better than my Portugese!

garrettimus

Thank you, my friends!

:-D

Originally I thought they were two different books, like Part I and Part II. I also bought the Verdus book.

Did you know that 2000 AD was officially published in Brazil back in the day (the late 70s)? It was renamed as "Ano 2000" (Ano = Year) and lasted only 10 issues, unfortunately. I've got them all.

My favourite character is Judge Dredd!

LARF

DavidXBrunt

No I didn't know that and I'd love to see what the covers looked like with the different logo. Would you be able to scan them at all? They'd make a great addition to the site.

garrettimus

Sure, consider it DONE!

I think the covers are just the same, except for the brazilian logo, as you mentioned.

I'm going to take some pictures and will get them sent to you. What's your e-mail?

Conexus

once you have got the photos on your computer, you could always save them free on a site such as photobucket.com

This stores computer picture files (.gif and .jpg) online

you can then link the covers to here by pasting the bit below the picture that looks the most like this:  < img = src image.gif >

the symbols that inclose the text being the most important part.

DavidXBrunt

I've seen a cover and an insternal page and they came out really well. The cover in particular is interesting.

Wake

Wake

I've uploaded these two images to the site, but I'm not sure if I can find them a home on a permanent page.

Cheers,

Wake

Oddboy

How about attaching them to the prog profile as 'alternate' cover?
Better set your phaser to stun.