Main Menu

Has David Bishop finally solved the greatest mystery of them all?

Started by Thread Zero, 25 May, 2002, 08:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

No not how to clone kiwi sheep but...

In Death Trap! (the audio cd thingy) one of the characters, Nigella Gaiman, explains how she would get rid of the Dark Judges. She says the only way to destroy them is by vaporization. You vape their spirits.

I was listening to the cd and I thought, "man now that is a cool idea!"

If the dark judges' spirits could be broken apart and the atomic level, they should cease to exist. Fire some super dooper laser beam or something at them. Destroy their atoms.

I think Dave, I mean David, has finally figured it out.

Anyone think this could work?

scojo atom physicist nerd person

Thread Zero

I mean:

If the dark judges' spirits could be broken apart at the atomic level, they should cease to exist.

scojo typo expert

Buddy

I always thought the Dark Judges spirit form was just that - a spirit. Not a tangable substance, not a gassious form. A ghost in effect. Therefore to get rid of them an excorcism (spelling??) would have to be performed.

Hey, I just figured it out!!!!

Quick call Max Von Sydow - no, wait a minute. I don't think he would want to have any further dealings with anything associated with the name Dredd again, do you???

Discuss....

paulvonscott

Well I would have said that the spiritual form of death was energy based.  What the source and focus of that energy along with any properties it has remain unknown.  Substances have been found which act as a barrier to that energy as has ways of displacing that energy, yet there has been no way found so far of destroying it.

Vaporisation, disintegration and atomisation all sound very interesting but then so does gurtokliasition, doesn't mean it's gonna work, I mean its highly experimental.

Seriously if there is a away to destroy death introduced then that was an mistake wasn't it?  Mistakes must be punished, there can be only one punishment...

Hisss......

Thread Zero

Go with me on this...

Gas is made up of molecules, right?

And Death's spirit is a gas, right?

Therefore he could be atomised.

If you attached a nuclear device to the side of Death's crystal and set it off, wouldn't bones face be obliterated?

Think he might.

Go on Joe try it out.

Sector 11 is a dump anyway. Nuke that sector. No one will even notice....no trust me Joe on this...blah blah blah....

scojo member of CND

paulvonscott

He's not a gas for heavens sake.

By the Way can Dave Bishop Also turn lead into gold?  I only ask because I've just bought these Dredd Foundry Minitures...

Buddy

Lets get this straight.....

SCOJO - JUDGE DEATH IS NOT A GAS - HE IS A SPIRIT. BIG DIFFERENCE.

O.K. glad that's sorted.

An excorcist is required to banish Judge Death. End of discussion.

Wake

His 'spirit' form can be trapped by Boing, which suggests it has some physical prescence. I would argue that that prescence is a gaseous form.

Wake

Buddy

Hmmm. the Boing thing....

Well we all know Boing has particular peculiar traits. It is a preservative, you can breathe through it even though it's solid (Anderson spent Grud knows how long trapped in that block and energed in the same condition she went in, she didn't even ask to go to the loo!!!), and of course it bounces.

I say it is these unique features, and perhaps other features we yet don't know about, that enabled the Judges to trap the SPIRIT of Death in Boing.

He's not a gas.

Thread Zero

Lets get this straight.....

SCOJO - JUDGE DEATH IS NOT A GAS - HE IS A SPIRIT. BIG DIFFERENCE.

O.K. glad that's sorted.

An excorcist is required to banish Judge Death. End of discussion.

Are you sure?

Just in this week's My name is Death, Death says:
"I am not a common gasss!"

I thought that meant he WAS a gas but he considered himself to be a very special type of gas! Not common in other words.

You could be right though Ump.

Hmm, John Wagner please tell us!

scojo full of hot air

Jim_Campbell

"the only way to destroy them is by vaporization. You vape their spirits. "

Actually, Kev Walker and I put some considerable thought into how a "ghost killing" weapon might disrupt the energy forms that make up a 'spirit' for the final story in The Inspectre's run in the Meg.

Of course, all the tedious techy-mumbo-jumbo never made it into the final draft of the script, but that there _is_ a ghost-killing gun that MC1 Tech Judge Brubaker is running around with in the final four-parter ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Buddy

<"I am not a common gasss!" >

There you have it, Death said it himself. He is not a gas.

I took this comment to mean he was insulted to be compared to a gas.

Ya see wat I mean......

Wake

It's not just boing.

In the first Judge Death story he has to command Anderson to open the window to let him in.

He may be no ordinary gas, but his spirit form can't pass through an airtight barrier.

Wake

Link: Click the link to see the evidence.

SovietSam

JUST KILL EM ALL WIV SHARP POINTY STICKS TEE HE HE!!

:@'

paulvonscott

Perhaps the window and walls were made of another substance that Death couldn't pass through.  If his spirit canoot pass through an air tight barrier, why not keep him in a tupperware box in the fridge?