Main Menu

Has David Bishop finally solved the greatest mystery of them all?

Started by Thread Zero, 25 May, 2002, 08:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

>Perhaps the window and walls were made of another substance that Death couldn't pass through.  If his spirit cannot pass through an airtight barrier, why not keep him in a Tupperware box in the fridge?

Death's spirit form has never been able to pass through objects, and if you could get him in a Tupperware box and get the lid on that's all you'd need, but as is always the case there's always some nut who is willing to let him free. Plus his psychic emanations effect people in ways that the justice department never understands, so they build bigger and more elaborate means of keeping the four dark judges in captivity.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/thumbnails/224thumb.jpg">

paulvonscott

Well, his hand passes through physcial objects, inert clothing and living tissue, so why not other things.

Oh, I know, its a kids comic.

Doh!

Oddboy

He wasn't really trapped in the Boing(R) he stayed inside Cass's head the whole time she was in there.  We never saw him trying to squeeze through the Boing(R)'s walls.

Meanwhile... His physical hand can pass through stuff but his spirity ghost can't... man that Judge is one mixed up kid!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Err, in case no-one's mentioned it yet (can't see any posts that have) Death's spirit passes through a solid object in this week's prog.

I haven't got it at work with me, so I can't check it, but I'm sure it happened, along with a nasty quip from old toothy face himself along the lines of, ''of course I can do this.''

Can't understand why this hasn't been posted yet. If i'm being dim and sleepy, point me in the right direction.

Or did I dream it?

MikeD

paulvonscott

No, but later on they do use boing to trap the dark judges, and believe me buster, they don't boing off.

Trout

Just saw Umpty's post above. Sorry, working too hard.

Anyway, Death has worked his horrible influence across dimensions, so why can't he do it through a sheet of glass?

MikeD

Thread Zero

...so why can't he do it through a sheet of glass?

Sheets of glass don't get pleasure that's why.

scojo sex therapist to the undead

Oddboy

Okay.
I looked over the last few progs last night (including the shiny new one waiting for me on the doorstep) and this is what I learned about the dead judge.

He says: "I am not a common GAS" rather than "I am not a COMMON gas" [my CAPS indicate bold type on the comic page] indicating he is not a gas, rather than not a 'common' gas but a special gas.

He can't escape the crystal he's incased in.

He escapes the lab through the plasteen gloves rather than through the glass, taking that with the above point of getting Anderson to open the window in a previous story I think we can take it that he has a problem with windows.

Also - when he takes over someone's body he always goes in through nostrils/ears/mouth/eyes - not through skin or skull.

Some physical items block him - others don't.  He knows the difference, and so does Anderson (because of that 'link' of thiers) but the rest of us will have to just guess (except for Wagner who can make it up as he goes along).

BTW, Amazing episode this week - blummin'eck! Can't wait for next week.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tex Hex

Maybe he just dosnt want to go into bodies via the skin or skull. Maybe its just easier for him. Maybe he is trying to confuse us into a stupour so he can sneak up and judge us.

Thats a lot of maybes.