Main Menu

ZARJAZ Exhibition

Started by El Spurioso, 10 December, 2005, 04:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbycox

I popped in to see the exhibition yesterday and was well impressed,The numerous highlights included that metal and lights Rogue Trooper display downstairs is fantastic, loved the Lego stuff, Rufus' Kano artwork is bloody lovely and to see some of his artwork collection as well is beautiful stuff indeed, especially the Belardinelli annual cover, damn, i wish i'd have been able to smuggle that out with me! ;)
It's well worth anyones while going. Highly recommended.
Cheers,
Rob.

Steve Green

I nipped in on Saturday, and it was great to see some of the original art (thanks Rufus).

One piece I loved but hadn't seen before was a small drawing of Howard Quartz in front of a giant bolt (I guess from the Titan Ro-Busters collection). It was lovely.

It was interesting seeing other people's take on 2000AD, I loved the backlit Rogue.

- Steve

Colin YNWA

Okay right I completely appreciate that this is necro-posting of the worst kind and to many of the longer term posters here this is old news. That said this occurred during my wilderness years and I've only just heard about it while doing a quick search for an image of Blitzspear (its surprising how you stumble across stuff) and man oh man this looked like it was bloomin' brilliant.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=925976659311501610&q=2000ad#

Hopefully people who weren't about at the time will appreciate this glimpse into what we missed. I've not had time to look for a definitive page that has everything (or a lot) in one place but will have a nosey when I get the chance.

Large48

Not seen that Video before. :-)

I managed to get there the first day it opened but missed the 'preview' evening. :-(

Cost me a fortune in T-Shirts as well!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

strontium71

Rufus says in the video that they'd hope to do another exhibition - do you reckon that will ever happen? I hope they do , even if it was to repeat the same event as I never went to that one.
...because I hate you.