Main Menu

Biochips

Started by Bad Andy, 21 December, 2005, 08:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

Until the recent Winter Special (and more specifically Richard Elson's art) I always thought that the Biochips were marked by letters.

I - Helm
Z - Gunnar
Backards E - Bagman

I've now discovered these were in fact 'blocky' versions of 1, 2 and 3.

I'm unfathomably disappointed in this revealation. I can't see why it matters so much but it does.

Anyone else think something was one way, only to discover, years later, that it is not the case?

Funt Solo

It took me over a decade to spot what the names Ro-jaws & Hammerstein were riffing.

An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

johnnystress

Just checking;

Is Wulf pronounced like Gulf or Wolf?

I say it like Gulf

Oddboy

Isn't Vulf more likely?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Bolt-01

Funt Solo

I always pronounced it "Wolf" in my head, but with an intonation on the vowel that brought it close to "Wulf as in Gulf".

Erm...so both.

An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Quirkafleeg

It took me a long while to realise the band name 'We've got a fuzzbox and we're gonna use it' is not entirely talking about a guitar effects device.

Funt Solo

And now you've made me realise it.  I was so innocent then.  

Their acapella (sp?) rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody on the B side of their one (?) hit single was excellent.

(I didn't know why Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was rude, or what the exploding champagne in the video signified, or what "I'm Turning Japanese" was talking about...)

Noisybast

Erm...

First letter aside, aren't Wolf & Gulf both pronounced the same way?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Funt Solo

Gulf has a u as in cut or hut - unless you have a geordie accent, in which case it might be more like an 'oo'.

Wolf has an o pronounced as if it's "oo" as in boot.

Richmond Clements

Apparently the ZZ Top song 'Pearl Necklace' is not about buying your good lady jewelry.

johnnystress

oh no- here we go again , explaining english to the english

;)

Noisybast

No it bloody doesn't!
"Woolf"? With an "oo"?
Booger off...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

johnnystress

I wish this board had audio!:)

How do you pronounce wolf
if it isn't  "wooolf"

( as in whis afraid of Virginia..)

"Why you're ot my Grandma, you're the big bad Vulf"

Lobo Baggins

"Why you're not my Grandma, you're the big bad Vulf"

Hmmm, needs updating for the noughties...

"Little Red, the woodsman never told you what happened to your grandma...."

"He told me enough!  He told me you ate her with some fava beans and a nice chianti!"

"No... I am your Grandma!"

"Noooooooooooo!!"
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.