Main Menu

Hyperdrive

Started by Quirkafleeg, 06 January, 2006, 05:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelAWilkinson

Alas, Huff, the guy was pretty much right. Well, half right. All the stuff on the planet was good enough to warrant watching ("You marvelled. You did. I saw you.") but the other half of the episode seemed to consist of there being a dearth of script and an excess of special effects budget.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Rob Spalding

Second episode was definitely funnier than the first.
At this rate of progression, episode 6 should be an absolute corker.

hag

I did laugh, though it was still clunky and I was drunk.

Oddboy

I completely failed to video it.  I think it's repeated on Sunday night.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Dunk!

Gave this a watch as a bloke i knew on Art Foundation - and a few unemployed years there after - is in it. Steve Evans, who plays... I didn't catch his name.

Awful predictable pish.

Though respects to Steve for acheiving his goal of doing comedy for the Beeb.

I bathe in his fame.
"Trust we"

House of Usher

Eeewww, and you left a tide mark all around it, too !
STRIKE !!!

[YT-2]

Nick Frost really needs a better agent so instead of just saying ?Hey Nick, seen a great script and if you say yes you?ll be the star of the next big BBC sci-fi series & by the way do you know Simon Pegg and can you get me his autograph?

They?d be honest enough to say ?Hey Nick, seen a really shit script and if you say yes you?ll be the star of the next big BBC sci-fi series flop & by the way you need to come out of the shadow of Simon Pegg and can you can shove the complimentary autograph?

After watching the second episode I realised that I?d wasted 2% of my Sky+ box which would have been better used to record Bob Ross?s Joy Of Painting instead of this crap.

Art

Hey, Danger 50000 Volts was good!

Carlsborg Expert

I think its funny as hell.
Alright. It is predictable.There are loads of connotations of a rivalry with Pegg.Okay, its safely funny. But there are moments in there that could not be done without the bulk, foundation setting program vehicle. Which,btw hyperhoppers, I find a comforting backdrop. So neh.

dweezil2

Something about Hyperdrive reminds me of John Carpenter's, Dark Star(always a good thing).Could be the low-fi look, and maybe the slacker character, with the beard. Just needs an episode with a an alien, killer beachball and i could be hooked! Episode 1 was deserately unfunny, but Episode 2 had it's moments. I'm charitable enough to give it a chance-British T.V needs all the Sci-Fi it can get.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

[YT-2]

Maybe I was looking out the window at the time but could someone who laughed during episode two tell me  at what point their mirth circuits were engaged?

SamuelAWilkinson

That bit with the marvelling?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

hag

the bit when the bottle of wine kicked in.

the alien sex film bit, but maybe i was only laughin cos the RT told me to laugh.

House of Usher

the bit when the bottle of wine kicked in.

Yep, I'm with you all the way there, pella.

...and damn, that I missed the first 10 minutes. And snooker overran on Sunday to stop me seeing the repeat. Oh well.
STRIKE !!!

Buddy

Not too worry, the snooker has more jokes.