Main Menu

The Fountain

Started by simon, 02 February, 2006, 12:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon

i've just bought the Kent Williams "The Fountain" book...it's great..he's great...check it out...it's why i loved comics..it's the early 90's again..all I need now is Bill Sienkiewicz to weave  some more magic....are there any plans for an Adam Hughes book?..I haven't bought any comics for about a year any don't know what the word on the street is....his catwoman covers are really lovely...

how is everyone?..I haven't been on here for an age

simon davis

Grant Goggans

Good, thanks.

Loved, loved, LOVED your work on the last Sinister Dexter series.  That panel of Finny holding onto Billi and telling her not to die was heartbreaking.

--Grant

Dark Jimbo

I'd also like to do a little bit of fawning and say that you absolutely rock! Any more Black Siddha on the way?
@jamesfeistdraws

simon

yep...just started book 3...about 12 pages in...should be in around april/may I think....
pleased you like it...

simon

Matt Timson

I bought two lovely pages of Sin/Dex art off you at Bristol 2004.  They're still sitting in the cellophane wrappers you sold them in, having yet to make it into frames and onto my office wall.

Lazy twat!
Pffft...

Noisybast

...while mine were framed and on the wall within a week. Yay me!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Matt Timson

Fuck you!  You've got the rest of my set, you bastard!

;)
Pffft...

James

You have a filthy mouth, you know.

And don't call Simon a lazy bastard.

Noisybast

I think you'll find you have the rest of my set. After all, mine are nicely framed and look lovely on the wall, while yours are - by your own admission - still lying neglected in their cellophane.

Tell you what - why don't you just send 'em to me, and I'll make sure they're looked after properly...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Richmond Clements

He's got you there, Eyebrows!

steev.

how do!

Just thought i'd mention a new comic while we're on the subject!
got myself the new hellboy  comic today!
A curious little thing, not at all sure about it as yet. Art from Richard Corben that works well but the story didn't do too much for me!
Has anyone else seen it?

cheers!

steven r.

DavidXBrunt

Adam Hughes is unlikely to be doing a comic in the forseeable as the covers work is so lucrative and he's got a backlog of offers, apparantly.

A shame becuase he took over from Kevin Maguire on J.L.A., back in the day, and did a blinding job following an artist that had made the series so much his own. I don't think anyone else could have taken over so well.

Matt Timson

"And don't call Simon a lazy bastard"

Did I actually call *anyone* a lazy bastard?!?  Pfff!  Lectured AND misquoted by a man who can't even think up a proper board name.  Piss off!

;)

Bast: I'd argue that I bought my share of the set first, but I guess it's more fool me for not buying all four in the first place!  If you'd really like them to complete your set, make me an offer.

Rac: be quiet.  And cut your hair.

;)
Pffft...

Dan Kelly

Hey Steve.

Got the Hellboy yesterday and I think it's a case of wait till issue 2.  Seem's to me that we're learning a bit more about the big lug by way of the African Story (it Makoma really is HB).  

Did like Corbens art, and a nice way of getting aroung MM not wanting to pick up the pens anymore.

steev.

had a bit of a re read last night, enjoyed it more, it'll be odd with mignola not doing the art from now on but i see Duncan Fegredo is doing the next one, and i really like his work.

Also i have very fond memories of those Justice League stories with Maguire and Hughes drawing.I always thought it was the 'Cheers' of super hero comics.Adam hughes drawing blue beetle witha gut was great.
I've got to admit a fondness for those types of second rate super heros!

steve r.