Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ebayballs  (Read 196 times)

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • CONSUME!
    • View Profile
Ebayballs
« on: 09 July, 2020, 10:34:30 PM »
I noticed someone on The Ebay selling prog 216 as "1st Rogue Trooper (Preview) Issue" for (GBP) 25 + 17 postage.

This made me squirm as the only thing that's Rogue-ish about prog 216 is the teaser poster on the back cover, which you can see for free both in the Ebay ad for the product and on Barney and right here right now*:

*Feel free to send me 42 quid every time you read this post.
++ logos ++ stages ++ coma ++

rogue69

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: Ebayballs
« Reply #1 on: 10 July, 2020, 06:22:04 AM »

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 July, 2020, 01:47:55 PM »
I particularly like their description:

Lame

Strikes me as counterintuitive if they actually want to sell the thing, and at that price! Maybe it's supposed to be a reverse psychology thing...

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #3 on: 10 July, 2020, 03:15:18 PM »

Lame

Strikes me as counterintuitive if they actually want to sell the thing, and at that price! Maybe it's supposed to be a reverse psychology thing...

Seeing as the image is of a different ebay auction I'm guessing they got defrauded and, probably having no luck with ebay's complaints policy, have resorted to this.  Shame they used the 'l' word.

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2020, 12:27:30 AM »

Lame

Seeing as the image is of a different ebay auction I'm guessing they got defrauded and, probably having no luck with ebay's complaints policy, have resorted to this.  Shame they used the 'l' word.

That makes sense.

And apologies for my comment  about liking the description, Sheridan! I was amused by the fact they provided a short negative single word description of something they were trying to sell and didn't even think about the connotations of the word they used.