Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Political Thread  (Read 1269633 times)

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • CONSUME!
    • View Profile
Re: The Political Thread
« Reply #17250 on: 06 July, 2020, 12:41:43 AM »
being in drag that time he beat a fox to death

That intrigued me, so I went and read about it. He had put on his wife's kimono because it was near at hand when he heard his chickens were in distress. Upon discovering the fox tangled in the chicken coop's protective netting he made the necessarily quick decision to kill it. The RSPCA investigated and found that no criminal act had taken place.

Probably the stupidest thing he did there was Tweet about it and enrage the howling mob.
++ logos ++ stages ++ coma ++

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
  • "Why, Black Dynamite? WHY?"
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
« Reply #17251 on: 06 July, 2020, 12:21:32 PM »
One rarely beats an animal to death in a fit of logic and practicality, so I suspect he was in shock at the time he tweeted out his story of brutal animal murder to a platform where people still bitch and whine about Anthony Bourdain's ecologically-unsound diet despite his being dead for two years.

I live in a rural area and I've heard plenty of stories of fox encounters, but they usually end with a call to the USPCA (RSPCA to you mainland yokes), so I just assumed Windy Miller's story was SOP for townies whenever they encounter any form of wildlife that isn't a stray cat.

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #17252 on: 06 July, 2020, 01:32:51 PM »
I live in a rural area and I've heard plenty of stories of fox encounters, but they usually end with a call to the USPCA (RSPCA to you mainland yokes), so I just assumed Windy Miller's story was SOP for townies whenever they encounter any form of wildlife that isn't a stray cat.

Standard Operating Procedure?

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
  • "Why, Black Dynamite? WHY?"
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
« Reply #17253 on: 06 July, 2020, 02:30:50 PM »
Yep.  A townie sees a cat larger than 15lbs and 2 minutes later they're talking about escaped panthers.

Smith

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17254 on: 07 July, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »
I can't decide what's most "2020" about this story: that the Tories have been using a catastrophe to line the pockets of their donors yet again, or that the guy who uncovered it is most famous for living in a windmill and bragging on Twitter about being in drag that time he beat a fox to death - and no that is not a euphemism, you can literally Google "beat a fox to death" and he's the first result.
Any relation to Owen Benjamin?
« Last Edit: 07 July, 2020, 04:39:06 PM by Smith »

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17255 on: 08 July, 2020, 08:28:55 AM »
And this week's ironic infection prize goes to Jair Bolsonaro.  Thoughts and prayers are with him. But not too many.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”