Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Bloody hell is all I can say about that.

I don't suppose they'll stop hounding him now, but at least he won't be around to see it.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: "Mike Carroll"Poor ol' Jacko.

The exact cause of death has yet to be determined, but early reports say that doctors have ruled out the sunshine, the moonlight and the good times.

So the boogie has been up to its old tricks again.

SuperSurfer

Yeah, what a shocker about Michael Jackson. Got to say, Off the Wall is a fantastic album.

LARF

QuoteThe exact cause of death has yet to be determined, but early reports say that doctors have ruled out the sunshine, the moonlight and the good times.

Owwwwwwwwwwwww!

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Gavin_Leahy"
Quote from: "Mike Carroll"Poor ol' Jacko.

The exact cause of death has yet to be determined, but early reports say that doctors have ruled out the sunshine, the moonlight and the good times.

So the boogie has been up to its old tricks again.

I'm convinced Uri Geller had something to do with it. He was very evasive on Sky News last night when asked when was the last time he had any contact with Jackson.

Still, sad day.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Colin YNWA

Yeah that ones a big un. From 'Off the Wall' through to 'Black and White' a true pop great.

Peter Wolf

Oh well.He was a bit of a mess of late but did some great music like Off the Wall.Some of The Jacksons music was alright as well.Some of Thriller was good but anything after Thriller i dismissed because it wasnt very good.

Still this news will keep the corporate media and everyone else busy for at least a week and it will give them the perfect diversion to not report on the CIAs very recent activities in Iran or report on Obambi and the US congress handing over the entire US economy to  FED Banksters and Elitists [Corporatism/Fascism] on a scale never before seen amongst many other things.

Bread and Circuses except there isnt much bread being given out.

Still Micheal Jacksons life was a bloody mess like was said above.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

I was, and still am, absolutely mad about the Jackson 5.  Any band that could get my sour, cynical bottom off it's seat and dancing like a special, singing along and not giving a solitary hoot how stupid I looked had something special.  His solo work was very much the law of diminishing returns.  "Bad" was the point I lost all interest.

His family life was a mess, his personal life was a mess, his naming of his children was a mess, his face was a mess and his videos were hysterically bad.  Or, as Prince said "it's only called "Bad" because "Pathetic" wouldn't fit on the cover".  Whilst I'm usually the first to take advantage of that inability of the dead to sue for libel, I won't be partaking today.  Whatever the truth of those horrible and (on the evidence we have) unproven allegations, a man has died too young.  

Not only too young, he was on the cusp of begining his artistic rebirth.  Yes a series of "greatest hits" concerts isn't quite the musical ragnarok they press would have us believe, but if you'd fallen that far wouldn't the chance to start climbing again be welcome and precious?

To have it all stolen away from him by something as, well, as NORMAL as death is the blackest of ironies.  I wasn't a fan for a long time, but I do feel rather sad.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

ThryllSeekyr

So you heard the news.

Came as a shock to me,

--I walked out into the lounge room and saw him on the televsion news thinking he was touring Australia with a vague nagging sence that they really meant he had just died and I was right.--

I thought he was planning on living forever with his particular lifestyle.

Sleeping in that life extending chamber of his. How Ironic.

I guess the body, our organs always has the last word and not the lifestyle that was supposed to be healthy.Despite the pressures of being famous and all those other problems he was having.

While I can't exactly admit I've been tuned into him, his body of work has been hard to ignore and surprising for me to say. I've always wondered what weird and wonderful stuff he'd dream up next since Thriller, BAD, We are the World, Captain Emo,Moonwalker and that stuff just didn't work out so well. Like, Ghost, Blood on the Dance Floor, HIStory. Which seemed more like self indulgence of very rich man, instead of a man with alot of talent.

Regardless of how he died.

Now he's really Moonwalking.

Quoteby mikegloady on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 pm
Farrah Fawcett died today.

And the other week (less important to my nascent sexuality, but very important regarding my eagerness to learn martial arts) David Carradine.

I wonder if Ms. Fawcett's death was as amusing as Carradine's?
by DavidXBrunt on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:21 pm

I hope not.

I heard about her death at the same time also and have read the medical details. I'm actaulley less sorry to see her go than Michale Jackson. as he has been battleing cancer for while and was praobly more miserable than still being alive. Since Charlie's Angelks, Saturn Five and Cannonball Run she barely held on to the sexual magnetism thats made her well remembered among her many admirers. it's been long time since she lost here particualr good looks inexchange for slight apparance that I remebr since seeing films like 'Burning Bed and Extremities. I actualley watching Extremities right now and thinking I got do lot worse than her. Although the evidence of some substance abuse thats taken toll on here appearance is certainly there to be seen.

Quoteby DavidXBrunt on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:21 pm

From sky news -

Reports: 'Michael Jackson Has Died'Breaking NewsMichael Jackson dies in hospital after suffering a suspected heart attack, website TMZ has reported.

Read full story

Related Stories
Michael Jackson Delays First London Concerts
This Is It: Jacko Picks Comeback Gig Dancers Video : Lucky Dancers To Dance With Jacko
So he's died...but only delayed his concerts. He's coming back with dancers...

Now thats really something, if he's died now only to reappear in his next concert. A publicity stunt. Only a rich man scraping the bottom of the barrel might try that.

Well, It's not like I've actulley seen him die.

While I'm not a particualr fan of Michael Jackson. I 'd say the easist music of his to listen to right noe is the Jive stuff he's done with Jackson five before he starting messing with his face and complexion up.

Like, if I was to actualley buy any of music it would be stuff he's done with Paul McCartney,but nothing else really.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: "DavidXBrunt"So he's died...but only delayed his concerts. He's coming back with dancers...
Yeah, Jacko's inclusion in this thread may prove premature with it being Sunday, tomorrow. Jarvis Cocker be damned.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Goaty

Apparantly Jackson family asked the undetakers if they take plastic.

ouch!

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Satanist

Quote from: "Goaty"Apparantly Jackson family asked the undetakers if they take plastic.

ouch!

His final wish was to be melted down and made into toys so kids can continue to play with him...
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Goaty

ThryllSeekyr

With Michael Jackson's demise, Weird Al Yankovic might be permanently out of work :shock:  :?