Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 15/04/06, 7.15pm, NEW EARTH...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 15 April, 2006, 05:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

I mean, who else could send messages across time and space to the psychic paper than the face of Bou?

Ohh! I'm going to tell her you said that!

paulvonscott

One of the Sunday papers went as far as saying the T in Russell T Davies stood for Tosser.  A bit harsh I think, it was a first episode and had other stuff to do as well as tell the story.  

But we'll see how the rest of the series goes.  I'm rewatching series one, and enjoying the aliens of london two-parter.  

GeorgeBernardShaw

I await it with interest, especially the news that Rose is now 'busty'! Has she cleaned up her mockney accent yet?

DavidXBrunt

Aliens stood up surprisingly well on recent reviewing. I'd be shocked if anything ever beats The Empty Child for sheer Whoey goodness but Aliens and Boom Town were a lot of fun.

I've been watching the first series with my eldest niece and nephew and on Wednesday we watched Dalek through to Empty Child and the thing that struck me most was that whilst they could follow the plots of most The Long Game didn't make any sense to them at all. I suspect that this episode will fall into the same catagory of entertaining to watch but baffling.

paulvonscott

I find the Slitheen highly annoying, but I think storywise it's rather good.  All the stuff with the code words lighting up the alert for the doctor were really good.

I think if kids are finding some of the stories confusing, then they need a bit of work.

But, hey, beats working on my underground city.  David Essex likes to do all the thinking, but does the bugger ever pick a shovel up?  No.

hag

when he was in the lift shouting "pass it on" i honest thought he was shouting "party on" ...

party on would have been a lot funnier and less cheesy.

House of Usher

As a qualified physician (ahem...) I can certify that yep, that is indeed how it works. At my hospital, rather than treat all our patients, instead we prescribe a course of antibiotics for one patient and ask them to shake hands with all the others in their ward. That usually does the trick, and cuts down on our drugs bill no end too!
STRIKE !!!

Quirkafleeg

Had low expectations due to Brooker but I was mostly  entertained... though some of the writing was well slack: "I don't want to die!" next second "Oh it will be all write, I'll die after all". And I hope they don't make too much use of the magic plot-solving psychic paper (having one magic plot-solving device - the sonic screwdriver - can be overlooked but two is a bit much. Still the line 'Oh my god, I'm a chav!' was class.

DavidXBrunt

I prefered "Now that is enigmatic. That is text-book enigmatic"

Eric Plumrose

Funny as her reaction was, would Cassandra actually know what a chav is? And how likely is it that Rose would think of herself in such a derogatory way?

It pretty much sums up Russell's approach to the eponymous Doc. Glossy, superficial nonsense. Everything he reputedly hates about '80s Who.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

DavidXBrunt

Cassandra said whatever the year 5bill word for Chav is but the Tardis translated it for Roses conciousness that was still squashed inside her head and we heard it that way too.

If the meds were I.V. how come they worked on contact?

Eric Plumrose

Hey! Let's play the Matrix Databank game!

>> If the meds were I.V. how come they worked on contact?

The farmed humans all had broken skin that allowed the plasma to pass into their bloodstreams quickly.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

DavidXBrunt

Trout

Lots of fun!

Rose (my Rose; not the Doctor's Rose) hardly cried at all during it.

Which is a good sign!

- Trout

The Amstor Computer

Overnight ratings in - approx. 8 million watched, with this likely to increase once final figures are in in a week or so.