Started by radiator, 16 May, 2006, 08:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

radiator

radiator

radiator

and there's a few more but can't link to them

radiator

Apparently Dante Book 4 - Tsar wars is out in September and has 272(!) pages.

Jonathan O

Yup Dante is going to be a big one, but that's because you can't really split the Tsar Wars into chunks. Will certaintly try and make it worth people's while though with extras and stuff.

mechanix81

Can't. Wait. For. Dante.

And Jonathan, I might be the only person in the entire world wondering this, but will there be a 4th Sin/Dex book any time?
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

IndigoPrime

::  you can't really split the Tsar Wars into chunks

Some publishers would have just split it into two books, released in an almost back-to-back fashion. The fact that Rebellion isn't doing this is another indicator of the fact that the company actually cares about what the fans want. It's great to hear there will be some extras, too, as I suspect this'll be the final Dante book for a while (and those four books will make a great collection).

Rob Spalding

And Jonathan, I might be the only person in the entire world wondering this, but will there be a 4th Sin/Dex book any time?

I asked him about this aes ao, apparently they didn't sell very well.
I still need the stories from the end of the 3rd collection to Eurocrash and then I'll be happy.

radiator

Cheers for the confirmation Jon. So, to my mind, that makes Tsar wars the longest 2000ad tpb yet, longer than even 'Red Tide'.

For anyone interested (and I'm aware of Amazon's unreliability - but these do seem to be more  accurate than usual): More provisional release dates: (all dates this year)

Judge Dredd: The Art Of Kenny Who? - May 30
Alan Moore: The Complete Future Shocks - May 30
Fiends of the Eastern Front - June 6
Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 4 - June 8
Judge Dredd: The Hunting Party - July 10
Slaine: BoI Volume 2: Scota and Tara - July 13
Judge Dredd: Complete PJ Maybe - Sep 15
Nikolai Dante: Tsar Wars - Sep 15
Bec and Kawl: Bloody Students - Aug 7
Rogue Trooper: Realpolitik - October 11
Leviathan - Oct 15
Storming Heaven (or F. Irving Collection?) - Nov 11
XTNCT: CM ND HV G F Y THNK YR HRD NGH! - Dec 7
Strontium Dog: Portrait of a Mutant - Dec 15

Seems about right, considering Rebellion's 2 books a month strategy, but obviously don't take this as gospel.

Rob Spalding

I believe the Fraser collection is early next year, from what I remember of the panel.
It will contain A Love Like Blood, Storming Heaven and From Grace.
Provisional title "A Love Like Storming Grace" ;)

mechanix81

A trade with From Grace in it?

I'm having that, I tells ya!

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/features/articles/2006/goldenage/goldenage.shtml" target="_blank">Pimp my shit!

Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

Keef Monkey

That Irving collection is as good as bought, although I've now learnt better than to pre-order things from Amazon, that always seems to be when it goes tits up for me.

W. R. Logan

>I believe the Fraser collection is early next year, from what I remember of the panel.

The reason the Irving collection wont appear til next year is that there's a European directive on how much Magenta in any one country can import in any one year. To publish the book all of the 2006 and most of the 2007 quota is needed.
Those Europeans and directive M463NT4.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/Magenta1.png">

Jonathan O

The Frazer Irving collection will be released in January 2007.