Main Menu

Annotated Leatherjack

Started by Dudley, 06 June, 2006, 05:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

So far this week thats Spurrior & John S. Tune in tomorrow for a rant about why Grennies a fud.*

Not really, I'll be drunk in the back garden eftir the footie.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

DavidXBrunt

Amd on Saturday I'll be pushing Ron Smith to the top of a hill, letting go of the handles and as he careers down to the bottom shouting "That's for Chronos Carnival!"

LARF

!

Can't believe this thread.

Did I honestly read Scutfink lacing into John Smith?

Everyone's entitled an opinion and surely there's a way of doing this without infering someone's a cunt?

:-(

Matt Timson

Fair's fair- most people *can* spot a cunt.

I'm just not entirely convinced it's John Smith in this instance...

;)
Pffft...

scutfink

I'm just not entirely convinced it's John Smith in this instance...

I walked into that one, this is why I don't like to post kneejerk reactions...

but to be fair, I was just having a go at his writing, (Which I'm none too keen on...), he was the one who made it personal...

Aaaanyway, anyone got any further annotations on Leatherjack, or know of anything similar?

DavidXBrunt

Yeah, I remember the famous NewsNight review where Tom Paulin reviewed that posthumous collection of Italo Calvino short stroies and fragments by calling him a cunt.

Dudley

To be fair, that does sound like something Tom Paulin would say.

scutfink

I presume that was after Calvino implied Paulin was just like him, eh DX?

:)

House of Usher

Well yeah, but I used to quite like Tom Paulin on that show, and his studied ignorance of all popular culture after about 1962. Especially when they used to get them to review a television programme, and Tom had hardly any point of reference for what he was watching:

"There were little people running around and talking inside an electric box with a glass front, a bit like a fish tank..." - sort of thing.
STRIKE !!!