Main Menu

Carlos Ezquerra interview at Suicide Girls

Started by Grant Goggans, 16 June, 2006, 11:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

A mate of my step-brother came with us when we went to see Fantomas last year, and because it was Patton, he was basically expecting Faith No More. Two songs in, he was rooted to the spot with a look on his face like he was being forced to watch someone rape his dog.

The Amstor Computer

Two songs in, he was rooted to the spot with a look on his face like he was being forced to watch someone rape his dog

So Richie was up on stage?

;-)

I get what you're saying about not trying to compare the various Patton projects, though. One of my favourite artists - Ginger, ex-The Wildhearts and God knows how many other bands - has turned his hand to half-a-dozen different projects over the past five or six years - Clam Abuse, Silver Ginger 5, Supershit 666, solo stuff, not to mention contributions to other bands - and each one he works on has echoes of his work with The Wildhearts, but still very much its own thing.

Like some of Patton's stuff, it doesn't always cross over and appeal to fans of his more familiar music. I once tried introducing a Wildhearts fan to Clam Abuse - it didn't go down well... (mind you, I could perhaps have picked a better track than "Song for Geri" :-)

Wils

I once tried introducing a Wildhearts fan to Clam Abuse - it didn't go down well...

Heh. That's scarily similar to when I once tried introducing a Ministry fan to Revolting Cocks.

Trout

Forgetful Carlos actually signed a tattoo at Dreddcon.

The walking canvas then headed off to the tattooist to get the signature properly inked in.

True story.

- Trout

I, Cosh

Amusing (from the board's Wagnercentric view) how the interviewer refuses to bite at Carlos' repeated mentions of John in favour of talking about Ennis.

Loved this quote: the only thing I don?t like is to do superhero stuff. They are too clean cut. Too goody-goody and the only kind of character I like to know is the anti-hero. Explains a lot.
We never really die.