Main Menu

Prog 1494 - In Dangerous Hands!

Started by Dudley, 24 June, 2006, 05:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattriceten

When exactly were the 'ThrillSucker' years and why were they so called? I've been out of the 2K loop for a number of years having picked it up again last year... Thinking about it, maybe the reason why I stopped getting 2K was because of the aforementioned dodgy times....  

Jared Katooie

Cover was good. Thought it was Staples.

Dredd: John Smith's written some awful shite but this isn't like that. I didn't like the whole "hand of Orlok" thing because I sont like it when other droids mess woth Wagners continuity. Apart from that, this was alright. Dredd was a little out of character at the end but I'm willing to let that slide.

Didn't yer man get over the death of his family very quick though?

4/10

Red Seas: Oh, the thing's are happening. This is pretty fun but I was hoping there'd be a better structure than "Quick over here! Look at that! Quick over there! Look at this!". Yeowells art has gotten better.

6/10

VC's: Wow. Still shit. Unlike many I have no real issue with the art, but the plot is DULL. Awful, awful story.

2/10

Terror Tale: No real twist but well-written. A bit of effort went into the art too. I like the fact that there's less CG effect crap in it than there usually is.

5/10

London Falling: THIS is the kind of story I like. Original, daring and entertaining. Best of all, plenty of action and no unnecessary plot tangles. In addition, the art is niiiice. Best story in the prog by miles.

8/10

To sum up: I hate the VC's. Only John Wagner can write Dredd. Everyone else is rubbish at it. Yes, even him.

Love, Jared.

roystead

I feel that a major point has been lost in the discussion of this week's Dredd finale (both here and on the 2000ADReview site, where I just posted the following):

To my mind, Dredd's sentence, or lack of one, is down to the line on the final page: "Besides, you lost *family*"

pre-Vienna's return, Dredd had no family to speak of (or to speak to). Rather than being out of character to not sentence this perp, I reckon it's very pointedly signalling a shift in his character, as shown earlier when he raced to specifically rescue Vienna in "Total War".

House of Usher

Dredd-Mitchell-EastEnders.

"Faaaaaaaaairm-lee" !
STRIKE !!!

Marbles

Bloody hell !

John Cooper!

Fantastic - sign this legend up for on-going series pronto.  

Oooh & while you're at it get him to do me a Johnny Red sketch.

http://www.marbles.frothersunite.com/imag/phpBB2/021.jpg">
Remember - dry hair is for squids