Main Menu

7 soldiers MIA?

Started by Satanist, 06 September, 2006, 03:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Hi All,
I've asked before but now I'm starting to think I missed this. Did the final issue ever come out (7 soldiers #1) or is it just very, very late?

Cheers.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

DavidXBrunt

Grant recently revealed in a 52 related interview that there isn't going to be a 7S1 and it was never intended. It was advertised to maintain momentum but the importance of the comic lies in its 'mythic status' as a non event. He compared it to the Ripper killings of 1888 which have gained their mystique and power for their lack of conclusion. It's a phantom comic that exists in our shared imagination. Apparantly.

The Adventurer

You're.... not serious are you?

Because that might be the single stupidest thing I've ever heard. Ever.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

DavidXBrunt

It's what he said. Don't shoot the messenger. I'll try and find the exact quote and link it. It was one of those Morrisonian things where when he's selling the idea it sounds kind of cool but when you sit and think about it you go "huh?"

Megadeth

Of course there is absolutely no artistic merit in people just thinking you're massively behind schedule. If this was his intention from the very beginning then announcing it in grander and more widespread way than in the middle of an interview would have at least meant those that bought the blody series had any idea what the twonk was on about.

Overall it's more than a bit crap really...

The Adventurer

Do you remember which interview site it might have been on? I'll look into tracking it down. There doesn't seem to be mention of it on the 7Soldier Wikipedia entry (actualy that mentions that #1 will be out for Oct. 26th), and general Google searching came up too vague.

I gotta see the context, because I could see it as being an ironic joke. But if Morrison was serious...wow...I've heard some crazy stuff, but that takes the cake.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bico

Pff.

After reading this, I now understand how no-one who reads 2000ad ever got the subtleties of Big Dave.

I, Cosh

I suppose this means I can stop looking for the last Seven Soldiers TPB evry week until Christmas.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Google is friend to the gullible everywhere.

Link: http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=5116" target="_blank">Oooh that Grant

Satanist

The very same issue was scheduled on the DC site back in May. That's why I couldn't figure out why I hadn't seen it.

Thanks to all above.

Nuts to the massive delay.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Trout

On that note, does anyone know if the last ish of Planetary ever came out?

Worried I missed it.

- Trout

Emperor

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=6102">Issue #26 is out at the end of October not sure about #27 but that'll the very last one.

Not sure how that'd work out for the trades as 19-27 would then be uncollected. The decent thing would be to let us have the lot in one go.

It does seem to steam through the Wildstorm reboot which must have made a few people fume - so top marks just for that!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

I, Cosh

Not sure how that'd work out for the trades

As far as I know, it's always been planned as four volumes and the last one was supposed to be out last  month.
We never really die.

Trout