Main Menu

Your favourite radio shows...

Started by paulvonscott, 12 September, 2006, 07:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Over the last few years I've really grown to love Radio.  The biggest thing for me is the BBC's Listen Again feature which allows you to listen via your computer, any show form the past week.  Plus Radio 2 has become much more aligned with 30-somethings, along with Radio 6 being a more indy sort of place.

Here are some of the shows that I like:

Jonathon Ross (Saturdays Radio 2)
This is the Week that Was (Richard Herring, variable, but still has some god laughs in, Saturdays Radio 2)
Andrew Collins (Sunday Radio 6, with added Herring)
Mark Radcliffe (Mon-Thu Radio 2, Thursday has Noddy Holder on who is great)
Stuart Maconie's (whose shows are generally great) Freakzone, esoteric music from all over the shop (Sunday Radio 6)

Anyone got any reccomendations?

radiator

You can download all the Adam and Joe podcasts from the xfm site for free. Not to everyone's tastes, but if (like me) you appreciate their random chat and funny voices you'll love it.
The deconstruction of R Kelly's 'In the Closet', and their attack on Colin Farrel's career are particular highlights for me.

paulvonscott

Byron Virgo

WARNING: Listeners who may take offence to two people discussing the career, talents and life of Colin Farrell in an entirely unsympathetic manner should avoid...

Link: http://www.xfm.co.uk/sectional.asp?id=8850" target="_blank">...downloading this podcast.

Rio De Fideldo

I enjoy the Mark Kermode film reviews which are on Simon Mayo's Five Live show but I'm biased as I love Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo.

Can anyone remember when Simon Mayo stayed broadcasting for thirty six hours for Comic Relief. It was comedy gold as he copresented with every Radio 1 DJ. I think the best were Mark and Lard as he appeared on their show twice. He was relatively normal on the first day but he was acting a bit mental on his second appearance.

radiator

One thing I should say re: Adam and Joe is that there's no music - due to license issues, just edited highlights of their xfm saturday show. That's not a problem for me though, as stuff like the Gordon Ramsay making Toast section is comedy gold.

Trout

6 Music's afternoons are suffering with the departure of Vick McGlynn, IMO.

But I still get an hour of Lamacq before I go to work. He's splendid and can really pick an opening song.

I can't stand Andrew Collins. It's just a personality thing. I find him annoying.

- Trout

Bolt-01

Vik's Gone?

Damn. I really liked her show.

Don't get free access to the radio at work anymore, so I end up with my media player on random.

Still like Zane Lowe on R1, though I miss Lamacq.

Bolt-01

Byron Virgo

I, Cosh

If your looking for something a bit out of the ordinary, I'd recommend Resonance FM. It's a London based station offering quite a lot of pretentious bilge alongside occasionally fantastic music which I've never been able to find in the shops.

You can listen live or check out their archive (similar to Listen Again.)

Link: http://www.resonancefm.com/" target="_blank">Resonate Wildly

We never really die.

Woolly

The sick genius that was Blue Jam.

The Bishop of Canterbury's Diana speech was absolute gold!

Huey2

Fanboy radio have got some good podcasts on their site including interviews with Garth Ennis, Brian Vaughn and Andy Diggle.

Other recommenation:
"Just a minute" - radio 4 always funny as long as Graham Norton isn't a panelist.

BBC 7 is playing some Big Finish Dr Who audios

and Radio 1 weekday evenings before Zane Lowe and Colin Murray got foisted upon us.

- huey

nick-is-at-home

Steve Lamaq shows on Radio 1 Monday nights. Its going to be sad for him to leave that slot. His 6Music slot isnt as good.

Last show next Monday

Lord Running Clam

I only really listen to Radio 2, as thatâ??s what is on where I work.

My favourite tends to be Terry Wogan (when he is on). He strikes up a good banter, seems more then willing to take the piss out of himself and I always enjoy the Janet & John, stories.

Adrian Bamforth

Use to love R4's Radio Active when I was a kid...then listened back to it and realised it was only funny because I was 14.

ADE