Main Menu

New Trades

Started by ukdane, 05 October, 2006, 08:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I was actualley hoping that the Second volume of the 'Slaine, Book of Invasions' is supposed to be available right now.

Reprinted and rebound since it was recalled over a few months ago.

I, Cosh

I also seem to recall Jon mentioning that a TPB of the original VCs was in the pipeline for next year. Obviously, I've no idea where it fits into the calendar, but it allows more room for rampant speculations.
We never really die.

hocothedev

Said this before but I would love to see a collection of all the simp stories as a trade paperback or EE. Sure there are enough stories between the prog and the Meg.

Any reason why some of the recent trade paperback releases are in the shops but not available from on-line retailers yet?

ukdane

Tsar Wars vol1 is out, as is Hunting Party (mine arrived today)
Cheers

-Daney

Jim_Campbell

"I also seem to recall Jon mentioning that a TPB of the original VCs was in the pipeline for next year."

A great big slab of Leach/Kennedy goodness? I'm liking the sound of that ... Oh, yes!

(And, yes, I'll want the series through to its conclusion, even with the substandard (Jon?) Richardson artwork [1])

Cheers!

Jim

[1] No disrespect to the Richardson droid who -- I thought -- did some fine work on the early Mean Team stories ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

"on the early Mean Team stories"

That would be Mean Arena stories, obviously.

Curse my drunken fingers!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

radiator

'Tsar Wars vol1 is out'

Really? Where did you order it from?

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Bolt-01

Tsar wars 1 is available, as I've got one.

However, why is Steve Yeowell on the cover credits Jon? He didn't do any of the strip work inside?

Bolt-01

Jonathan O

Yes, apologies for this. This is a hang-over from when it was all going to be one volume and I should really have spotted it.

Bolt-01

No biggie. It is a storming collection, and I had to wait till Dan had read it to get my hands on it.

The cover gallery is a treat.

Bolt-01

ukdane

I've flicked through page after page, a few times now, trying to find the Yeowell art- I thought I was going mad, or blind, or both.
;-)
FP have a cover image on their site for the second collection. A (recent?) Simon Davis cover. Is this a placeholder or the final cover?
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/images/G/GN1362.jpg">
Cheers

-Daney

Oddboy

However, why is Steve Yeowell on the cover credits Jon? He didn't do any of the strip work inside?

Heh... I noticed that too... I wonder if Steve still gets a free copy!?
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

Well, Steves Dante work seems to be not included in volume 1 of Tsar Wars so it's likely the first tales in the second volume will be drawn by Stevey Owl.

If the memory needs reminding - vampires and Arbatovs feature.