Main Menu

old graphic novel

Started by Goaty, 11 October, 2006, 12:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

over weekend as i sort out my attic, i found this very old graphic novel i remember i got it about many years ago as it was one of first graphic novels.... but it is and still best i ever read, it is Aliens Vs Predator, i know i am joining this Messageboard last year, but i wonder anyone views on it, as it still brilliant every time i re-read it! wonder the film should be same!!! and i like one that after this book, "Duel" that was less talk, more emoitons... again that should be film as well!!!! so well?

Link: http://www.planetavp.com/conrad/avptpb.jpg" target="_blank">sorry it small,anyone got bigger?

El Spurioso

Yeah, brilliant stuff.  Particularly love the clever-clever panel-segue stuff in the opening episodes, and the architecture of the colony (perfectly laid-out in a map so every exterior shot is given the perfect background).

Story's not too shoddy either.  Great stuff.

The sequel was a big pile of arse, mind.

Jim_Campbell

"Yeah, brilliant stuff. Particularly love the clever-clever panel-segue stuff in the opening episodes, and the architecture of the colony (perfectly laid-out in a map so every exterior shot is given the perfect background)."

IIRC, the only real disappointment was that the artist - Phill Norwood, I think - wasn't able to do the whole series. He was also a Hollywood storyboarder, which I think helps to explain the nice sense of 3D space you're describing.

Again, subject to my faulty memory, I'm sure remember Norwood saying in an interview that he storyboarded the final fight in the first Predator film, and drew in the climactic nuclear explosion as joke, only to then see it realized on film!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Goaty

didnt know about that drew in climactic nuclear explosion as joke, that is good fact....

yeah he should draw the whole series,

and i knows the sequel "War" is suck, but one short story in it "Duel" is the way better!!! and who forgot that final image!!!!!

ThryllSeekyr

I've tot that one. I have afew of those graphic novels, about the Yaut-Ja.