Main Menu

7 Soldiers #1 in shops now...honest!

Started by Satanist, 26 October, 2006, 12:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

I just got the final part of 7 Soldiers and thought I'd let people know as its been delayed for so long now.

I'm looking forward to reading the entire run as I've been saving them.

Hope its not rubbish.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

I, Cosh

I've been buying the TPB, so hopefully the last of those will be out quick smart. It's pretty good: quite a mix of different stories and art in it. Do you have some sort of Guardian wallchart telling you what order to read them in?
We never really die.

Satanist

The release order is at the back of each issue so I'll just follow that.

I've peeked at some of the art and like the look of Klarion & Frankenstein.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Trout

Hooooray!

There's a Planetary issue due out, too.

Somebody call the Fortean Times!

- Trout

The Monarch

Its a complete mind fuck of an issue but what do you expect from the seven time tailors who share the initials gm...

the death was to be expected although there were a few genuine shocks...

Art

I think I've missed something and need to read it all again.

ukdane

I'm like you Satanist, bought all the issues, but haven't read them yet, waiting for "the big read" when my issue 1 arrives.
Cheers

-Daney

Trout

Can we have a fucking spoiler warnings for spoilers, please?

- Trout

Byron Virgo

Art

There's a Planetary issue due out, too.

Unfortunately it's not very good. Oh well.

Byron Virgo

Anyone else notice the sneaky cameos by Eric 'Orwell' Blair and the Likely Lads?

"Unfortunately it's not very good. Oh well."

Yeah, I think the term 'anti-climactic' would be awfully well-chosen here, when the big mind-fuck plan consists of...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

...simply dropping the villain of the piece down a big hole. It mightn't be such a niggle, had we had to wait for about 20 pages into the book in question for this to happen, after 26 issues.

Ah well, I hear there's supposed to be some sort of epilogue issue to come, so at least maybe we'll have some of those hanging plot threads ties up. Possibly...

Trout

Bah. Not sure what's a spoiler and what's not. Just reacting very strongly to any information about this comic, after waiting a year for it!

Sorry if I flew off the handle.

- Trout

Matt Timson

Isn't that a prerequisite of board membership?
Pffft...

Byron Virgo

No, I think you just have to be really grumpy and generally loathe all forms of human life, and other intelligences that might be lurking out there.

"Just reacting very strongly to any information about this comic, after waiting a year for it!"

I wouldn't worry about it - it'd pretty much be a miricle if you could work out what the hell was going on...

Emperor

Reviews are sneaking online and yes it contains spoilers.

Link: http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/116201527766480.htm" target="_blank">Review of issue #1

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+