Main Menu

Prog 1512 - Hell's Fargo!

Started by Trout, 30 October, 2006, 10:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mechanix81

Thanks man. god, that truly is shite, isn't it...
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

The Amstor Computer

Pretty bad, yeah.

Sometimes I wonder if Tharg has been keeping up with maintenance on his Automatic Pun Generator, 'cos there have been some awfully ripe ones recently ;-)

Jim_Campbell

Fantastic issue. Rufus' cover is just splendid and I spent several moments admiring it before starting the prog proper.

Aside from my problems with Harry Kipling (see the Kipling thread), there's not a duff strip in here. Antony Williams has turned in better art jobs than the one he's doing on Sin/Dex but I'm still rather enjoying the strip, and can only add to the general chorus of approval.

Cheers!

Jim

PS - In a much better mood. Had the all clear on the skin cancer scare. Apologies if I've been even tetchier than usual over the last couple of weeks, and particularly if I've snapped at you.

Except that Pineapples cunt. He can still fuck off.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

I really want to like Kipling, but, for the life of me, I just can't figure out what on Earth is going on. This is largely down to the murky, muddy colouring on the artwork, which reminds me to some extent of all that sub-Bisley crap in the 1990s. (And this is a real shame, because the line-work reminds me more of Belardinelli, which can only be a good thing.)

Elsewhere, I'm going to hold fire regarding Origins until I've seen more of it. I just hope that by the end, questions have been answered regarding the genesis of Dredd's world (rather than us still wondering what Dredd's origins are).

Dante has become a surprise highlight. I guess having him as a more regular fixture works wonders, and this looks like it could be the start of a great run for the scoundrel.

Bolt-01

Jim- Good news man, thanks for letting us know.

Bolt-01

TordelBack

Yay, good news on the Campbell-lives-to-snark-another-day front!  Nah, seriously, s'good.  

Leigh S

I get the sense that Wagners been unhappy with the good/evil clones idea for a longer time than Origins has been running - see "Blood Cadets", where an alternative reason for Rico's 'problems' is suggested. This outing just adds to the evidence of Wagners unease with the simplistic idea of inherently bad and good clones/twins.    

Goaty

again this Prog become better as last week,

Dredd story is great, as there not bad twin, just different views... would like meet Fargo gang again in near future!

Kipling story... i love the Kipling face in last panel, as it looks "evil"

Dante... it great to see it, and explains few facts about what happens to Romanov family, hate to says it but i feelings Romanov would be back bigger? and but does Dmitri passed somethings into Arkady that time? his weapons crests? (the most dangerous ever if that impossiable as Dmitri hadnt shows it, only once when he stop Dante attack him, what you all think?) or passing something else maybe himself into Arkady?

wait and see!

Prog 8/10 as to two other weak stories.

Jim_Campbell

"Good news man ..."

Scared the living crap out of me, I don't mind telling you.

(I'm seriously annoyed with myself for letting that little dickwad goad me to the point where I mentioned it at all, mind you ...)

Thanks for the kind words from various quarters. Can we get a group hug, then?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Buddy

Top cover Rufus.

Lets hope Tharg gets you on board more often in the future.

Ya hear that Tharg!!

MORE RUFUS COVERS!

Trout

Watch, I'd forgotten that from Blood Cadets. Interesting. Cheers.

And all the best to Jim. Have a beer and chill out. You've earned it!

- Trout

thinky

as unmoved as i usually am to comment on the prog in any way shape or form, i have to say on this occasion that i absolutely *love* the cover...

no disrespect to Rufus (who seems to have lost his surname as he inches ever closer to a semi-permanent place at the right-hand of the mighty one), but i thought someone else had done the strinkingly muted colours, adding a gloss to his art.

glad to be wrong, and good work there.

best cover in a long *long* time

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

JeffreyMT

A great prog, reminiscent of the glory years of Bishop's time as Tharg in 98/99.

Dredd chugging along nicely. Sin Dex and Dante both progressing nicely with sub plots being resolved and introduced at the same time. Chiaroscuro looking to be a great self contained one off thrill, although I could be wrong about this. Unfortunately, Harry Kipling picks up the Rose O'Rion role.

Still 4 top class thrills out of 5 is not bad.

Great cover as welll!

Concrete Block 15

From what it's worth coming from a complete dick, glad to hear your recent reassuring news Jim.

Cheers indeed, and here's to your continued good health (raises virtual glass.)

But a group hug?
Just fuck off. ;-)

wrighty47

Great to hear that Jim. Bet that's a massive load off innit? Hope things go your way now.

As to the Prog, not much to say that hasn't already been said. Dredd, Sin Dex, Dante, Chia, all very good.

Kipling... good but would be better if I could work out what was happening half the time!

Alan!