Main Menu

Sneaky Who Xmas Special preview

Started by Bad Andy, 27 November, 2006, 06:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

As well as the robot santa, I hope the killer xmas tree makes a come-back. That was great!

SamuelAWilkinson

It's gone down again now, but from the comments on this thread and my wacky imagination, I can only picture the TARDIS floating slowly down a motorway in the way that the new Daleks are so insistently wont to do while accompanied by some rather fine comedy piano-jazz chase music, like that early scene in Ghostbusters.

It's a funny image.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Dudley

Really?  I haven't seen it either, but in my head-version there's Ride of the Valkyries, and Tennant in aviator's goggles, strafing Catherine Tate's mangled body again and again and again, yelling "YOU'RE NOT FUNNY! YOU'RE... NOT... FUNNY! TAKE THAT!  AND THAT!  AH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAAAAH!"

Leigh S

Itâ??s still on there if you have a searchâ?¦ And itâ??s not exactly relighting the Who flame thatâ??s flickering out in the Watcher household.  

Heâ??s controlling the TARDIS with string, Tate is shouting, Tennantâ??s shouting in his Timmy Mallett voice.

Who decided that Timmy Mallett was a good vocal precedent to follow?  Tennantâ??s own voice seems much more friendly and authoritative than the Kids TV squeal heâ??s assuming â?? justâ?¦why?

Tate is pretty annoying in a shouty shouty way, and the music is once again overpowering the dialogue.

I dunno â?? Itâ??s like RTD sat down and made a list of all the areas people felt the first and second series were a bit weak (plots, spectacle over sense, Tennants OTT bits) and said â??Right â?? those are the bits weâ??ll expand onâ?.  Which to be honest, I wouldnâ??t actually put past him, given he has the devil in him!

Roger Godpleton

You can't spell "Retard" without RTD.

Sorry.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Devons Daddy

come on
christmas day,late afternoon early evening, tv showing movies you have seen already.,
 and some of you say you wont bother to watch.

dont make me laugh. DR who christmas day. is the equivelant of the christmas TOTP or the bond movie on ITV back when there where only 4 channels we all to young to drink anything other then shandy

no matter how bad it is, we will forgive them.
its a christmas day specail.
my nine year old is already impressed.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Quirkafleeg

>only 4 channels

Cough, 3 channels...

Cthulouis

Last year I thought that the special was okay, caus, you know, it was just a Christmas special, right?

Then a friend of mine pointed out something:

"Christmas should not be used as an excuse to get away with rubbishy stuff, it should be used as an excuse for TV people to pull their fingers out and do something a little special"

Sadly, as the last series showed, RDTs definition of "something a little special" is everyone else definition of "Complete load of crap"

Floyd-the-k

I'll have a look for it.  I don't have the same Catherine Tate hatred the rest of you have, so I have a chance of enjoying it

opaque

When they've got proper background music on it it'll be better.
But I think Catherine Tate is a mistake. When she's obviously in her character mode that is, I'm sure she could do it better 'straight'.

Cthulouis

I can't manage to find it, anyone got a new link?

Leigh S

Dudley

Bad Andy

This is how Series one SHOULD have ended

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KONf7k62k98" target="_blank">Oh God

SamuelAWilkinson

That's brilliant. Why didn't it go on, though?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.