Main Menu

February Art Competition - A Love Like 2000AD...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 31 January, 2007, 11:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

OK, all - we missed January but the monthly art competition is back on track, and this month's theme is (unsurprisingly!)...

--------------------------------

2000AD IN LOVE!

That's right, it's a Valentine-themed comp, complete with as many bad love-related jokes as I can shoehorn in! Time to break out those pencils & open up your shrivelled, blackened hearts to come up with a piece that brings love to the Galaxy's Greatest.

To get you started, here are a few ideas to spark the imagination:

2000AD Couples' Night

It's a quiet Friday night at the Nerve Centre and Tharg has organised a Couples' Night for his characters. If you were a fly on the wall, who might you spot snogging in the corner? Would Jack Point finally score with Miss Ann Thrope? How many of 2000AD's classic female characters would Dante (try to!) pull?

I Love 2000AD!

How big a 2K fan are you? Have you dedicated yourself to the cause of spreading Thrillpower? Does your obsession with the comic come before your special woman/man/Betelgeusian (delete as applicable)? Why don't you come up with a piece that illustrates your love for the Galaxy's Greatest?

"Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Here Comes a War Robot to Crush & Smush You!"

Forget flowers, sad-eyed dogs & frilly decoration - Tharg's breaking into the lucrative Valentine's business with his own range of 2000AD-themed cards. What kind of message & illustration would you pick for your beloved?

---------------------------------------

Maybe none of these appeal, so feel free to go with something of your own choosing - just keep with a love theme & link it to 2000AD.

This competition thread will be open for entries until February 14th after which I'll start a voting thread so that boarders can pick their favourites. There won't be any prizes this time, I'm afraid, but I hope that won't deter anyone from taking part!

The Amstor Computer

All that blether & I forget the one thing I wanted to say:

A big thank-you to Ukdane for the suggestion, one of several great ideas he put forward. Much appreciated!

Trout

There won't be any prizes this time, I'm afraid

Glad to hear it! Play for pride, folks!

- Trout

Wils

Personally, having no prizes is actually *more* of an incentive for me to enter. :)

Bico

The fact that Wilson is entering the compo begs the question: how far can we go in regards to sexual content?  Can we do girl on girl action, for instance?

Dog Deever

Somebody has to do girl on girl action- surely it's expected!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Wils

Heh. I was planning on doing something almost completely tame, actually. :)

James

Here's a little something I did a while ago, their unrequited feelings getting the better of them in the Chem-clouds.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/jameskircough/BlandandBrasscolour.jpg">

Satanist

I might just give this one a go as I now have easy access to a scanner.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

W. R. Logan

looking for an excuse, well its by Henry Flint....

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/returnoftheflint.jpg">

ming

Is that another DeMarco cover for the prog?  Yay for Origins interludes!

ThryllSeekyr

The Enigmatic Dr X

Roses are red, violets are blue,
I have Alzehimers,
Roses are red, violets are blue.

Martians are red, Beltegiesuians are blue,
I read 2000ad,
When doing a poo.
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Roses are red, violets are blue,
I'm schizophrenic,
and so am I.

:-D
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?