Main Menu

Doctor Who Axed

Started by Banners, 31 May, 2007, 12:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Apparently...

M@

Link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2007250185,00.html" target="_blank">Doctor Who to Get Axe in 2008 (The Sun)

The Adventurer

Uh... I'm no expert. But that kind of looks like a tabloid.

I'm going to need a second source to believe this.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Al_Ewing

B-b-but it's not Dr Who if it doesn't slowly turn rubbish! Cross fingers this is another complete lie from the Sun.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

The Adventurer

And by Tabloid I don't mean the format, I mean it looks like a "Make shit up" kind of paper.

Mangamax

Read that as RTD leaving after the fourth series, not the show itself.
In which case...

Hooray!
Hooray!
It's a holi holi day!
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

The Adventurer

The RTD leaving rumors I'll buy. And hell I might even welcome it (I don't hate RTD's Who, but I can see the cracks) but it really depends who's going to replace him and what their vision of Doctor Who is.

Richmond Clements

You're right on both counts, Adventurer.

Matt Timson

The thing that's always bugged me about the Doctor is that his original incarnation had clearly lived to a ripe old age.  He must have either been minding his own business before that, or got clumsy as fuck after his first regeneration, to keep needing to regenerate every couple of years.

Yes, I know it's just a device to change actors- I'm just sayin'...
Pffft...

Huey2

" The thing that's always bugged me about the Doctor is that his original incarnation had clearly lived to a ripe old age. He must have either been minding his own business before that, or got clumsy as fuck after his first regeneration"

- He was minding his own business. Didn't leave his own planet until he was several hundred years old.

- Huey

Will I. Cooling

It'd be awesome if they gave Paul Cornell the reigns...that could give us some good stuff
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Tu-plang

Well, the simple answer is yes, he was minding his own business before the series began.  He wasn't even heroic at the beginning.

The BBC have denied the possibility of Doctor Who ending in 2008, so it is more likely that its just RTD on the way out.

I'd welcome Paul Cornell and/or Steven Moffat to lead the way with Doctor Who 2009 onwards.

Matt Timson

Blimey- several hundred years in his first body and about ten minutes each in all the rest- the frivolous bastard!
Pffft...

Lobo Baggins

I'd welcome Paul Cornell and/or Steven Moffat to lead the way with Doctor Who 2009 onwards.

I'd add Mark Gatiss to that list - although I think that either Chris 'Torchwood' Chibnall or wotsit who used to edit DWM and the Big Finish audios are more in the frame.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

The Adventurer

I'm not sure I'd trust Chibnall, with how poor Torchwood ended up.

IndigoPrime

Good to see The Sun getting its facts right once again. How would RTD 'axe' Who? He's a hired handâ??he doesn't make that kind of decision. Sure, he can quit, but he could be replaced.

Next up: "I'm axing Match of the Day, because I've decided to make more money from crisp adverts," bleats jug-eared pundit Gary Linekar.