Main Menu

what distirbed you most about 2000ad as a kid?

Started by mogzilla, 13 June, 2007, 09:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

Some of those Tales From Beyond Science stories really freaked me out. The 13th Month one especially. I'm not afraid of spiders, but when they're erupting out of a persons mouth...

Bico

The acid rain from Helltrekkers, particularly when it ate through that woman's face - that freaked me out.

TordelBack

There were whole episodes of "The Black Plague" that gave me the heebie jeebies, then there's the whole Sagbelly thing...

mogzilla

not 2000ad but scary as hell and it Still gives me heebie jeebies thnking about it now,on the donny and marie osmond show waaaay back there was a sketch with a big humpty dumpty ,like the big monsters on the muppets,humpty ate people it looked horrifying to mein young eyes and i don't think that even tharg could top that terror any one else remember it?

Richmond Clements

Let's see Logan dig up a scan of that!!

Peter Wolf

I always thought that this guy was obviously a Skinhead as there were plenty around in those days.       I just dont know where they disappeared to as you dont see them any more.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

mogzilla

i hope logan doesn't find one or i'll be too distUrbed to go to work tomorrow and it's bacon butty day!

SuperSurfer

Good scanning Logan. Thanks for that.

That Nemesis stuff is genius. The strength of those strips had a lot to do with the world(s) around the lead character, in the same way that Mega City 1 makes JD what it is. Those two pages above illustrate how sinister Nemesis is without even showing him.

Yes, I was also going to mention the Strontium Dog Moses tale but all I could remember was that it was about some kid who turned out to be a zombie.

There was also an episode of Planet of the Damned in Star Lord where a woman picked up a cuddly cute animal and held it to her face. The little critter swelled up and tore her face off. And there was the fruit that was so juicy it would drown people.

"Wow! Look at that tin freak burn!" â?? that brat deserved a thick ear!!

ThryllSeekyr

I thought that 'The Haunting of Sector House Nine' was alittle disturbing when first reading it out of Prog 361 back in 1986. The picture on the cover of the man without his skin running from a Dragon ( You know 'Slaine, Dragon-Heist')was also pretty creepy.

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/hires/361.jpg">

W. R. Logan

>There was also an episode of Planet of the Damned in Star Lord where a woman picked up a cuddly cute animal and held it to her face. The little critter swelled up and tore her face off. And there was the fruit that was so juicy it would drown people.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/drowned.jpg>

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/face.jpg>

The Monarch

You must be younger than the rest of us. I was 20 by then, and quite psychologically and emotionally resilient.

Yeah I am 23 now was 8when I read it brrr

The Monarch

You must be younger than the rest of us. I was 20 by then, and quite psychologically and emotionally resilient.

Yeah I am 23 now was 8 when I read it brrr

Ignatzmonster

I have such a hard-on for the up coming SD Files now.

Trough

There's a Star Lord one-off involving a man called Sheldon who abandons his family to live in a robotic house.   In the end the house won't let him leave because it loves him.   The final frame shows a skeletal Sheldon in a nightshirt, with the house's words "Oh Sheldon, I love you!" or somesuch.

For some reason this left me in floods of tears - I was eight at the time! - and freaks me out to this day.   I still have no idea why.