Main Menu

Art collection insurance

Started by Last of the V8's, 16 August, 2007, 08:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last of the V8's

Having bought the Hook Jaw art the other day makes me realise just hoe priceless my collection of original art is and if anything happened to it I doubt I'd get reimbured on the house insurance, despite having a collectables policy written in.
So, does any one who collects original have their's insured and for how much,how do you guage how much a page is worth,who is anyone insured with etc?

robbycox

Hi captainskank,
I've got my collection insured with Direct Line, it's insured on the contents insurance policy but under a seperate section, it add's about another £60 per year onto the premium. I recently upped the value of my collection, but lets face it, if anything happened to it, it is all totally unreplacable isn't it.
Direct Line sent a rep out to my house to check all locks on the windows and doors etc. before they agreed to cogvver it though. the only other stipulation was that i made sure i kept an up-to-date list of what i had.
I'd be interested in anyones thoughts on the outright value of my entire collection.
Cheers,
Rob.

Pete Wells

Aw Drokk it! Robbie's house was a one I had on my list of houses to break into to steal all the artwork in his collection!

If his windows and doors have been checked I might as well move on to Rufus', Fatboy Dale's, Kevin Symond's and Mark Willis' houses.

Last of the V8's

Cheers Robby.
Rufus, are you out there. Have you got your little lot insured?

opaque

Well as one of Petes potential victims ;)I can say that as far in terms of my artwork it's covered under the basic policy.
I need to keep a list of any items and the same goes for our immense collection of dvd's.  I have photos of all my artwork and general photos showing the walls of dvd's to add as proof as well if it was needed.

I suppsoe part of it is also a matter of how things are stored. I have all my artwork in a big wooden plan chest so they are all flat.