Main Menu

New Books for August!

Started by 2000AD Online, 21 August, 2007, 04:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

'I'm really hoping that Bad Frendz makes it in'

Ideally, I would hope that 'Bad Frendz' would appear in a future 'Doomsday' collection, as it introduces characters and concepts from 'The Scorpion Dance'.

How one would go about comprehensively collecting something like 'Doomsday', which, after all, collects together plot strands stretching all the way back to 'Statue of Judgement', through 'The Pit' all the way through to 'The Cal Legacy' is anyone's guess.

radiator

What other artists do we think should get a dedicated Dredd collection?

Macniel?
Gibson?

radiator

Noisybast

Is there enough of McMahon's colour work from annuals/specials to fill a TPB?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

petemaskreplica

The old Titan book that collected his colour anuual stuff was about 45 pages of strip. Howler's 36 pages. Stick in a couple of one-off Dredds and a covers gallery and you've got not the thickest volume in the world, but a quality one. Maybe reuse that Bolland intro to the Titan b/w McMahon Dredd book.

And Superbean. You'd *have* to have Superbean in it. :)

jabish

{Ideally, I would hope that 'Bad Frendz' would appear in a future 'Doomsday' collection, as it introduces characters and concepts from 'The Scorpion Dance'.

How one would go about comprehensively collecting something like 'Doomsday', which, after all, collects together plot strands stretching all the way back to 'Statue of Judgement', through 'The Pit' all the way through to 'The Cal Legacy' is anyone's guess.}

I am being a bit selfish on this one as I've just got my hands on 'Blind Justice', 'The Pit', 'Scorpion Dance' and both Doomsday books off of ebay. They're brilliant reprints but annoyingly they leave out the Bad Frendz story. SO I'm hoping it'll be here.

I'll say it again tho: here's to a Hardback oversized 'Complete Necropolis' for next year!!

Dark Jimbo

Gibson would be a good (and timely) one - base it mainly around the Taxidermist, in the same way that the Cam Kennedy book was based around Kenny Who, and throw in a load of other strips, right up to Judgement. Instant classic.
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

What other artists do we think should get a dedicated Dredd collection?

None. Don't see the point of collections that don't give a whole story. If the artist is consistent then fair enough, but that's totally secondary.
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

Roughly any idea when these will actually be in shops? Jon?
@jamesfeistdraws

Woolly

"I'm pretty sure Helter Skelter is in there"

Christ, i hope not!
I know im a heretic for even suggesting this, but Purgatory & Inferno would have been a better choice, if only just for the art.

Richard

I suspect these will all be relatively new stories, which is a shame, as there are some really good old stories from the annuals in the 1980s, like "Tarantula."

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

robprosser

Nothing in Central London yesterday lunchtime....