Main Menu

Here, Tharg, kill some people there, will you?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 18 September, 2007, 10:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Just looked at this, as directed by another thread. So, the defence wins - Tharg, you must kill characters and never bring them back. It's this difference between 2000ad and Marvel / DC comics that makes 2000ad great. Characters die for real without being resurrected.
Er, apart from Chopper, all of the Angel gang, all of the Dark Judges (whose spirits were supposedly 'snuffed out forever' in Deadworld), Johnny Alpha, Ramone Dexter, Moses Tanenbaum, John Croak, and last but not least Judge Dredd.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

mogzilla

i dont know about killing but if ressurection was available ,i always felt fink angel was killed a bit prematurely

Buddy

Is Fink dead??

When did he last appear?

But if you'r gonna kill characters then please do sin/dex. Never liked them.

mogzilla

he died when he fell into the pa angel super scream machine in the story where owen chrysler ressurected mean to get dredd it was in one of the recent case files.

PsychoGoatee

In what prog do the Dark Judges get destroyed in Deadworld? I know they've been put into limbo a few times.

Also, anyone know what story this image is from?http://www.2000adonline.com/images/artwork/darkflint.jpg">

Floyd-the-k

tharg, kill some characters unless they are too good to lose

For mine, he could get rid of Chopper and Harry Exton - both good in their day but played out now

James

I think that pic was a poster/star scan image rather than a strip page. Nice either way.

Leigh S

fink Angels death was mental - it wasnt even commented on!

I always assumed we'd see him again at some point - given it was a torture machine, not a murder machine, and Fink is naturally hardy.

Indeed, how much better would it have been if instead of Awakening of Angels and the fire people, they'd just pulled Fink out from his cell!

Artificial Idiot

Ah, but y'know, killing characters for the sake of being cool and edgy is *almost* as bad as bringing them back to life all the time. At least most 2000ad deaths are final, in DC and Marvel you have to wonder 'Oh yeah, when will *he* be coming back again...' if some random passer by dies in the street...

Buddy

I'm not sure Fink is dead, I think I remember the touture machine.

And as Watcher has said, it was a torture machine not a killing machine.

I always expected him to resurface at some point covered in scars, missing the odd finger or eye or whatever.

Bad Andy

Fink is so-oo dead. You thought they'd have learned their lesson as they had to bring Mean back from the dead in that very same story, but oh no...

Leigh S

Maybe they've still got Fink in sus-an, until such a time they can fix him?  Maybe he was so close to death or feigned death that they just buried him in the cursed earth and he burrowed away?  Maybe he made a home in Resyk?  Maybe he was just in his cell all this time?

At the ending of Destiny's Angels not one comment is made as to whether Fink is dead or alive.  I'm not advocating doing it now - Awakening of Angels has put the kibosh on that idea!  But it would have been a more elegant solution to bringing back at least one of the Angels than bloody fire people!

Funt Solo

Awakening of Angels?

Who? What? Where?

Fire people?

Is this something I've blanked out?

---

Fink used to be genuinely scary.  Now he's a vaudeville comedy routine in the Smegazine.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Tweak72

HereĆ¢??s what I have decided (and to be honest been doing anyway). Stories with Chopper, the Angel gang, (apart from Mean), Johnny Alpha & Ramone Dexter and any "dead" Character (and by that I mean any one who I have seen die with no real chance of saving  (Pa, Link, Junior and Fink. I am looking at you here! I saw you all die for Drokk sake) I am simply not going to read. Unless there is a reboot that is sufficiently different from the original to make it worth reading. (I will not tread the Rogue Trooper stuff that has been done recently but will read the 86ers) so there.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

JayzusB.Christ

To be fair, I'm not sure it was ever the plan to kill off Ramone Dexter permanently in the shoot out with the cops thing. But it would have been wayyy better. And even after that, it would have been fine to leave him permanently paralysed. For once, we got inside Finnigan's mind and were presented with a huge crisis of conscience; but any potential for character development was immediately erased with a stereotypical, pat get-out-of-jail-free plan; and also a quick help out of quadroplegia for Ramone. If only real life could be so simple.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"