Main Menu

Four new books at the book site

Started by Grant Goggans, 31 October, 2007, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Two new Dredds (Complete America & Henry Flint Collection), Nikolai Dante 6 (pirate stuff) and... Strontium Dog leaves the phonebooks behind for The Final Solution!

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/books/coming_soon.php" target="_blank">And no Case Files 10 yet.  Hmmm.

The Adventurer

Nice, I'll be buying all of them. Especially that Henry Flint Collection and Complete America, I've been hoping to replace my Titan copy with a Rebellion copy.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

ukdane

Is Warrior's Dawn being reprinted in early 2008 (as listed on Amazon)?
Cheers

-Daney

Leigh S

The age count for Final Solution seems to suggest that the No-Go Job wont be included.

That'd mean that it'd be in vol 3  and a lot of good annual and special stories would have no home - BAH! (just in case)

Leigh S

Strangely enough, the Nemesis vol 3 is showing as 208 pages... and is presumably a similar mix of some colour but mostly B&W.

Why isn't Final solution the same - a similar 208 pages would comfortably fit in the No-go Job, which would be a much happier and complete collection.

You could even then market it as Vol 5, though I personally agree with keeping it looking distinct from the Case files volumes from a "If I did not draw it, it did not happen!" Ezquerra perspective! :)

IndigoPrime

Mm. Looking at page counts, it does seem No-go Job is in the fourth chunky volume, which leaves just 12 pages from the page count (at least some of which will be leader pages). A shame, if that's the case, not least with previous Stronty volumes being so utterly complete. That said, the information on the books site is subject to change. Here's hoping that some of the 'extras' (especially the colour ones) find a home in Final Solution instead.

Why not supply a list of currently "missing" stories to Jon? Perhaps there's still time to make changes to upcoming books (at least Final SolutionĂ¢??I imagine SD4's already sorted).

Leigh S

I may well do that, though it''d be good to hear from Jon whats included in Vol 4 to see if I'm on the right or wrong track....  It's made harder by the fact the site doesnt have vol 2 and 3 of stronts contents showing all the extras, so i'll have to go to the real thing to check!

Leigh S

Of course, the other problem is that if the no-Go Job is already in Vol 4, its hard to fix in the sense that The Final Solution ceases to be a very satisfying collection in its own right.  Its a bit like Block Mania not being in an Apocalypse War collection, only more so, as Block Mania is arguably a more self contained section of the story.  The No-Go Job sets up loads of the characters and situations and scenes that later occur in Final Solution.

Leigh S

Of course, the other problem is that if the no-Go Job is already in Vol 4, its hard to fix in the sense that The Final Solution ceases to be a very satisfying collection in its own right.  Its a bit like Block Mania not being in an Apocalypse War collection, only more so, as Block Mania is arguably a more self contained section of the story.  The No-Go Job sets up loads of the characters and situations and scenes that later occur in Final Solution.

The Adventurer

I just noticed something strange. Why does the SD listing on this here site have Alan Grant down as the sole writer for SD all the way up to Final Solution? I thought John Wagner was the main writer through most of it with Alan Grant assisting?

Is Final Solution the only bit Alan Grant wrote alone?

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&Comic=2000AD&choice=stront" target="_blank">Alan Grant?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Byron Virgo

Wagner originally created and wrote the series in Starlord - after it had transferred over to 2000AD, Wagner and Grant began their writing partnership (note the last word - not 'assisting') that included SD. Rule of thumb was that whoever typed up the script was the one to recieve the writing credit. When they split up after completing the Dredd mega-epic Oz, Grant stayed on as series writer up until the death of Johnny Alpha, and thus the end of the story (or at least it should have been...)

Jonathan O

Hello

The contents of Strontium Dog 4 are as follows:

Bitch
The Royal Affair
A Sorry Case
The Rammy
Stone Killers
Incident on Zeta
The No-Go Job

BONUS STRIP

Fever
Complaint
Incident at The End of The World
Assault on Trigol 3
Untold Tale of Johnny Alpha

Final Solution gets a full colour Graphic Novel all of its own to be released in April '08

Cheers

Jon

Leigh S

Cheers Jon - where does that leave "The Town that Died of Shame"  (classic) and "Incident at the Birth of the Universe" and "The Beast of Milton Keynes" (I dont think theyre in 3, but cant check at the mo)?

Might they surface in the FS book?

I think it's a shame that the No-Go Job isnt in the FS book for neatnesses sake, especially when there are a lot of unpublished special stories (one by the full creative team of Grant/Ezquerra).  Presumably the cliffhanger ending of No-go is to tempt people into the FS book?  

Leigh S

(by cliffhanger I mean unresolved story to be more accurate)

IndigoPrime

Unless I'm having a senior moment, "The Beast of Milton Keynes" is in the third book.